Heat by Penny Reid

The Characters:

Kaitlyn Parker:
Martin Sandeke:

The Story:

In the second installment of Katy and Martin we get to know Martin better and we also get our heart broken. Yes, the inevitable break up happens and I cried my eyes out right along with Katy. The story gets so heartbreaking but I was still compelled to finish.

The Random Thoughts:

-Katy over thinks everything! And it’s beginning to get a bit annoying. (says the overthinker)

4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 11, 2017 |
I really am giving this a 2.5. I enjoy the main character and the way she thinks. I found myself laughing a lot at the witty one liners in this novel and at how relatable Katy is. However, 90% of this middle novel in the series was pointless fighting over the same issues. Instead of actually talking out their issues, both Katy and Martin take turns trying to avoid the conversations and being stubborn about useless things. I wanted to see their relationship progress. I did not want to read the same fight over and over again for 10 chapters. ( )
  dingesa27 | Dec 6, 2016 |
I enjoyed this second part of the series nearly as much as the first, that is they are both a 3.5/4 stars books. The story continues where Attraction ended. In fact, there is no point in reading the first book if you don't want to procede with the other two because these are not three books but merely one book divided in three parts. Speaking of the book in itself...this time I was a bit irritated for all the repetitions about how Kat is beautiful...after the third time I think the point was made. Anyway, the author knows how to keep your attenction focused, the characters are funny as ever and I just want to go to the third part and discover how all ends. ( )
  AzureStrawberry | Jan 12, 2016 |
4.5/5
In my opinion, Heat was even better than Attraction. It's definitely getting angstier, the more Katy and Martin relationship progresses, and it's also more complex.

Without giving you any spoilers, I have to say I loved the drama in this one! Yes, yes, I know I contradict myself as I always whine about overabundance of drama in new adult fiction but here it was not gratuitous, it was needed! I could really dig the reasons for it, and it only made me admire Katy more. Martin? Not so much.

Katy's family was wonderful. Supportive, quirky, slightly bizarre, we saw glimpses of them here and there, and I totally fell in love with them. In contrast, Martin's relatives are revolting. Too much so. I honestly could not see any redeeming qualities in them, and it bothered me. It made them look almost comical.

Beware that the cliffie in the end of this book is highly volatile, and I'd really suggest to wait until the next book is out before reading Heat to avoid extreme irritation. The whole book reminded me of Courtney Milan's voice in her latest Trade Me, so if you are a fan of one author you should be able to enjoy and relate to the other. Recommended. ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |

When things heat up between Kaitlyn Parker and Martin Sandeke-previously known as the jerk-faced bully-Kaitlyn places her trust in the one person she never thought capable of earning it, let alone keeping it safe. Fortunately or unfortunately for Kaitlyn, where she gives her trust she can't help but also give her heart. But how will the world beyond the sanctuary of their newfound connection react to their relationship? Soon senators, chinless billionaires, and elements beyond Martin and Kaitlyn's control want to weigh in on the young couple's future. Navigating the chaotic inferno of new love might be more than Kaitlyn bargained for, and much, much more than her trust-or her heart-can handle. Contains mature themes.… (more)

Penny Reid is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,409,035 books! | Top bar: Always visible