Cassey Ho's Hot Body Year-Round: The…

Cassey Ho's Hot Body Year-Round: The POP Pilates Plan to Get Slim,…

by Cassey Ho

Not really for me. I like Cassey Ho's videos on YouTube (her routines are NOT easy) and have followed her work on and off for years. She's not my go-to person for fitness videos (I am more for heavier weight-training but I enjoy her videos to mix things up and for certain exercises that other fitness trainer videos don't do). So I was intrigued to hear she was coming out with a book.

The book seems to reflect her cheerful personality. There are pictures of exercises, recipes, tips, motivational sections, etc. It's not all that different from what you can find on her YouTube channel, but it is nice to have an offline resource just in case you don't have internet. I also actually really dislike workout videos that have loud pop music in the background because I feel it's distracting from the instruction and luckily the book doesn't have that! :)

That said, I felt the book was not for me. Sort of like how I view her channel, some of her stuff is hit and miss. Her routines are tough and I do moves I normally don't, but my goals are more for strength training with increasingly heavier weights. I also am skeptical about some of her recipes: I've had success with some that I've found via her channel, and some I thought were really, REALLY gross even after trying them more than once and following the ingredients and instructions as accurately as I could.

It could be that I am not the target audience for this: I've been working out for several years. And while I'm no gym rat, I just am actively trying to build muscle. But I did like the pictures and other tips and think I'll try to pick this up as a bargain book if I can. Check it out at the library if you're not sure. ( )
  acciolibros | Feb 11, 2018 |
4.5 Stars
A great collection of workouts for any reader familiar with Cassey Ho or not (this was my introduction to the YouTube personality). Also appropriate for any skill level, age, or size. There's plenty of positive attitude mixed with some basic general info, healthier recipes, and words of encouragement. Mostly workouts (all with multiple pictures and descriptions). After trying a couple Spring and Summer ones, I'm a little sore, but in a good way. A good exercise and healthy-living book to have for fans of the author and those readers who prefer an "unplugged" alternative.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. ( )
  LibStaff2 | Apr 16, 2015 |

Cassey Ho, internationally renowned fitness instructor, is known for her irresistibly popular workout videos which have been shared millions of times online. She runs the #1 women's fitness channel on YouTube, Blogilates. Her unique format, POP Pilates© is a fusion of ab-chiseling, butt lifting, total body sculpting exercises that are performed using only your bodyweight. Cassey's personality is bubbly, inspiring, and infectious. But don't let the smile fool you - her workouts will leave you sweating and sore for days. By following Ho's super effective workout plans and clean-eating recipes, you will transform your body towards a stronger, sleeker, and happier version of you.

Hot Body Year Round is your ULTIMATE exercise and nutrition guide to living a fit, happy, and healthy life while sculpting your HOTTEST body.

Cassey will show you how to stay motivated throughout the year, no matter what the challenges are. You will get:

- 120 of Cassey's BEST total body transforming exercises
- The complete POP Pilates exercise library - fully photographed and easy to follow
- 20 full length workouts
- 40 brand new, ridiculously delicious & nutritious recipes
- Foods for beautiful hair, skin, and nails
- 4 complete clean eating meal plans & grocery lists that complement each season
- Cassey's personal daily meal plan
- Motivational tips to stay inspired year-round
- 256 pages of full color, glossy inspiration

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 06 Jul 2015 18:17:25 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,374,111 books! | Top bar: Always visible