The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total…

The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom

by Melissa Hartwig, Dallas Hartwig

199359,063 (4.08)2

Purchased this book because our doctor recommended the Whole 30 program. I will never go back to the way we were eating before. ( )
  Sandralb | Aug 18, 2017 |
Wait, didn’t I just review this book?

Nope.

So just this week, the “It Starts with Food” authors released a slightly more and slightly less comprehensive guide to their elimination diet program. In this section they have less detail than their previous book, but they make for it with a fairly intensive FAQ section. And then, the best part …

Cookbook! I am not a cook. I’m a baker, which really just means that I like sweets so much I want an excuse to eat them in their uncooked and cooked forms. But with dinner, I’m usually limited to making pasta and steaming vegetables. And meat? Yeah. I’ve never really been good at cooking anything beyond this one pork tenderloin recipe and this one chicken enchilada recipe (and even the latter involved a crap ton of checking the internet for how to boil chicken breasts).

So, in addition to sorting out some of my less than health food choices, I’m going to be learning how to cook over the next month, with the help of this lovely, simple cookbook. Seriously, while some recipes do require prep or overnight marinating, none of them caused me to balk or laugh as I turned the page. I think that’s the sign of a good cookbook (for me, anyway) – dishes that appeal to me that won’t cause me to give up halfway through or that won’t mean dinner starts at 10 P.M. because it took so long to prepare. ( )
1 vote ASKelmore | Jul 9, 2017 |
After a colleague tried this and had great results, I thought maybe I would try this. It's not the first time I've heard about this system and it seems to be something good. At the moment of this writing, I'm 1 week into my first attempt. So far, so good. Written in down-to-earth language, with precise instructions and clear how-tos, the book is easy to follow. The Hartwig included some recipes for actually dishes, but more of the recipes are for basic - the perfect boiled egg, grilled steak, baked fritatta. In addition, there are recipes for sauces, like pesto, ketchup, mayonnaise, salad dressings and sauces for meats. Between the sauces and the basic recipes, the book gives you the tools to build 1,000 or more different meals. They also avoid my pet peeve with diet books, and all the ingredients are cheap and easy to acquire, instead of expensive and obscure. The book is also honest about how this diet can be hard and gives an accurate (and hilarious) day-by-day chart of how you might feel. It's not all pretty or easy or happy. In the end, whether this works out or not, I find this to be a diet book worth emulating. ( )
  empress8411 | Aug 30, 2015 |

Melissa Hartwigprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hartwig, Dallasmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Millions of people visit Whole30.com every month and share their stories of weight loss and lifestyle makeovers. Hundreds of thousands of them have read It Starts With Food, which explains the science behind the program. At last, The Whole30 provides the step-by-step, recipe-by-recipe guidebook that will allow millions of people to experience the transformation of their entire life in just one month.

Melissa and Dallas Hartwig’s critically-acclaimed Whole30 program has helped hundreds of thousands of people transform how they think about their food, bodies, and lives. Their approach leads to effortless weight loss and better health—along with stunning improvements in sleep quality, energy levels, mood, and self-esteem. Their first book, the New York Times best-selling It Starts With Food, explained the science behind their life-changing program. Now they bring you The Whole30, a stand-alone, step-by-step plan to break unhealthy habits, reduce cravings, improve digestion, and strengthen your immune system. The Whole30 features more than 100 chef-developed recipes, like Chimichurri Beef Kabobs and Halibut with Citrus Ginger Glaze, designed to build your confidence in the kitchen and inspire your taste buds. The book also includes real-life success stories, community resources, and an extensive FAQ to give you the support you need on your journey to “food freedom.”

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 01 Jul 2015 15:42:36 -0400)

"Millions of people visit Whole30.com every month and share their stories of weight loss and lifestyle makeovers. Hundreds of thousands of them have read It Starts With Food, which explains the science behind the program. At last, The Whole30 provides the step-by-step, recipe-by-recipe guidebook that will allow millions of people to experience the transformation of their entire life in just one month. Melissa and Dallas Hartwig's critically-acclaimed Whole30 program has helped hundreds of thousands of people transform how they think about their food, bodies, and lives. Their approach leads to effortless weight loss and better health--along with stunning improvements in sleep quality, energy levels, mood, and self-esteem. Their first book, the New York Times best-selling It Starts With Food, explained the science behind their life-changing program. Now they bring you The Whole30, a stand-alone, step-by-step plan to break unhealthy habits, reduce cravings, improve digestion, and strengthen your immune system. The Whole30 features more than 100 chef-developed recipes, like Chimichurri Beef Kabobs and Halibut with Citrus Ginger Glaze, designed to build your confidence in the kitchen and inspire your taste buds. The book also includes real-life success stories, community resources, and an extensive FAQ to give you the support you need on your journey to "food freedom.""--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,513,684 books! | Top bar: Always visible