Undraland by Mary E. Twomey

Undraland

by Mary E. Twomey

**I received a free copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review.**

I quite enjoyed this adventure story, and even bought the first box set (ebooks 1-3) so i can continue the story. This is book 1 of a 9 book series, and would not be considered a full and complete story on its own. The only issues i had are with the brattiness of the heroine and the fact that at 20(ish?) years old she's never kissed anyone? It just seems unrealistic and an easy way to avoid an awkward scenario w/ her love interest and guardian Jens. Maybe that's me though, i'm over the main girl having to be "pure" and "inexperienced". ( )
  CurlyQueL | Sep 21, 2016 |
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book as Lucy goes from being in a world where she has lost her parents and twin brother and a life on the move to an alternate world where there are Weres, Dwarfs, Elves and more. I laughed out loud, and felt her pain as her entire world shifted. This was a fun read with lots of excitement and revelations in each chapter. The characters are funny, sad, emotional, loving and more. Can't wait to see what happens next, how could I with the way this first book ends. The series looks promising if the next book is as good as the first. Nicely done! ( )
  thicks | Aug 5, 2015 |
Purely amazing! I can't say enough how much I enjoyed reading this story. Lucy is so spunky and the interactions between her and Jen are priceless. I love when authors use different folklore in their stories. I have never read a story with Scandinavian Folklore and it was a real treat to see it being used in Undraland. Overall, I give Undraland five stars! I only wish I could give it more. I recommend this book and this author. I will be reading more from her and the next book in this story, Nokken.

I received this free copy in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  kira_anne | Jun 9, 2015 |
I am sorry to say that I will have to rate this book low. I received this book through the librarything.com monthly contest. It was a good story but It didn't include the ending as I would have have to purchase it. I have never come across this through librarything.com. ( )
  terrygraap | May 30, 2015 |
Nice read. ( )
  rentie | May 28, 2015 |
For Saxon

"What is desired in a man is loving kindness." Proverbs 19:22
"Think I can get away with a sore shoulder again? I'm seriously sick of weightlifting class."

Despu‚es de la muerte de sus padres y hermano gemelo hace un ašno, Lucy Kincaid estaba determinada a armar una vida normal. Con su coraz‚on puesto en la vida universitaria, sus suešnos de la escuela de medicina son arruinados cuando un rabioso oso la ataca en medio de los suburbios. Cuando Jens, un guapo, pero irritable extrašno, salva su vida, la gratitud de Lucy es interrumpida cuando ‚el la secuestra, llev‚andola a una tierra llena de personas y criaturas que recuerda de las historias para dormir que asumi‚o eran solo mitolog‚ia escandinava. Jens lleva a Lucy a un mundo que nunca esper‚o, y no puede escapar. Undraland est‚a poblado de gnomos de jard‚in demasiado grandes, guerreros elfos, N?kkens, Fossegrimens, y lo peor de todo, Sirenas. Lucy va m‚as y m‚as all‚a por la madriguera del conejo hasta unirse a una banda de ladrones empešnados en vencer a Pesta, la ‚ultima sirena.… (more)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Mary E. Twomey's book Undraland was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,340,924 books! | Top bar: Always visible