Yoga Girl by Rachel Brathen

Yoga Girl

by Rachel Brathen

I enjoyed reading Rachel Brathen's Yoga Girl. It gives you an insight into her childhood, her ups and downs about herself and her family and her travels as well as journey into yoga. She takes you through her beginnings with this beautiful practice and doesn't skip out on her trials and tribulations. I wanted to give this book 5 stars because on how beautifully it was written but my only draw back was that in between reading her story it gets interrupted by instructions on different asanas/yoga poses, insights and recipes. Although they were all useful and a great part of the book I just think it would have flowed a lot easier if it was divided into sections instead of sprinkled throughout her story. It kind of threw me off each time it happened. Other than that I honestly enjoyed the book and will read it time and time again. ( )
  PursuethePage | Oct 10, 2015 |

Part self-help and part memoir, Yoga Girl is an inspirational, full-color look at the adventure that took writer and yoga teacher Rachel Brathen from her hometown in Sweden to the jungles of Costa Rica and finally to a paradise island in the Caribbean that she now calls home. In Yoga Girl, she gives readers an in-depth look at her journey from her self-destructive teenage years to the bohemian life she's built through yoga and meditation in Aruba today. Featuring photos of Brathen practicing yoga in tropical locales, along with step-by-step yoga sequences and simple recipes.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,743,269 books! | Top bar: Always visible