The Doctor's Second Chance (Love…

The Doctor's Second Chance (Love Inspired)

by Missy Tippens

122768,668 (5)None

Once I opened this book, there was no stopping until I turned the final page. Missy Tippens did a marvelous job of tearing my heart out, complete with real tears and moments of laughter. Going through the emotionally charged situation of caring for a new baby with Jake and feeling the intensity of Violet's heart longings and past hurts made The Doctor's Second Chance an unforgettable story. Experiencing Jake and Violet's sweet romance through their eyes was heartwarming. I was thrilled to return to Appleton Georgia, a little town I fell in love with in Missy's book, The Guy Next Door. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Jake, Violet and little Abigail, and it was great to reconnect with Chloe and Darcy.
As always, Missy Tippens has written a beautiful story of faith and romance, spilling her heart over the pages to touch yours in a way you never expected.
  ksucindy | Nov 16, 2015 |
Title: The Doctor’s Second Chance
Author: Missy Tippens
Website: http://www.missytippens.com/
Pages: 224
Year: 2015
Publisher: Love Inspired
My Rating: 5+ out of 5 stars
When I began reading the novel, it soon became apparent that I wasn’t going to quit reading until the end! I was caught up in the heart-rending drama of a single man raised by an aunt and uncle after his parents’ death in the past and now facing fatherhood when his cousin shows up and leaves her newborn with him. All Jake is aware of is how to do construction and is clueless as to how to care for a newborn baby girl.
Jake grew up with his cousin Remy and knows she has a tendency to dump her problems or responsibilities on others before vanishing. Now Jake has to seek the help of the local pediatrician who purchased his uncle’s practice and as far as Jake is concerned ripped off the couple. When he seeks Violet’s help in how to care for a newborn, the past issues in both their lives come to the forefront. For the moment the main focus has to be on the baby, but as time goes by Jake is determined to locate Remy before adopting the baby to make sure it is what his cousin desires.
As I read about the past of Violet Crenshaw, the pediatrician is slowly revealed and Jake’s heart begins to melt letting go of his hard feelings. What develops is a touching story of redemption, hope and love even after so much time has passed in lives thought lost to pain or bad choices. My heart at one time really felt the tortures a couple of the characters were going through, but I am glad the author didn’t stop the story. The ending is priceless and renews the heart with hope as lives and loves begin anew. It was a great book to read on a quiet Saturday afternoon!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457 ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Apr 16, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373879563, Mass Market Paperback)

The Bachelor's Baby

Jake West's troubled cousin leaves him with a most unusual parting gift—her newborn baby girl! And now the small-town contractor is forced to seek help from the very woman he resents—the new big-city pediatrician who practically stole his uncle's practice, Violet Crenshaw. Violet knows she shouldn't be consorting with the enemy. But she can't resist the adorable baby and her handsome new caretaker. Violet traded her chance at motherhood for her career years ago. But raising a family with Jake could be everything she's ever wanted.

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 18 Jul 2015 07:45:52 -0400)

Jake West's troubled cousin leaves him a most unusual parting gift--her newborn baby girl! And now the small-town contractor is forced to seek help from the very woman he resents--the new big-city pediatrician who practically stole his uncle's practice, Violet Crenshaw. Violet knows she shouldn't be consorting with the enemy. But she cannot resist the new adorable baby and her handsome new caretaker. Violet traded her chance at motherhood for her career years ago. But raising a family with Jake could be everything she has ever wanted.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,421,606 books! | Top bar: Always visible