A Firefighter's Promise (Love Inspired) by…

A Firefighter's Promise (Love Inspired)

by Patricia Johns

721,138,814 (3.5)None

I had to find out what all the hype is out because Harlequin's Love Inspired line of paperbacks are some of the most checked out books in my library. We get six new titles a month ranging from historical to modern romance to Amish, most titles include at least one of the following words in the title: firefighter, cowboy, rancher, bachelor, widow, doctor, or Amish. I never took them very seriously and wondered what could possibly keep patrons coming back for more. Reading this book, helped me get some insight onto the popularity of these quick reads. This novel, A Firefighter's Promise, follows the story of a young widow and her son who just moved to town to find a fresh start. Rachel's son Carter had a hard time at school because he was bullied for being adopted, Rachel hopes that by moving to the town where he was found (abandoned at a fire station) he can start to put down some roots and make peace with his life. What Rachel didn't expect was to run into a handsome fireman, the same one who took care of Chris when he was left there as an infant. There is an undeniable attraction between the two, but Matt (the sexy firefighter) is in a rush to leave town to flee the memory of the little girl he was unable to save from a fire a few years prior. It's chaste, romantic, cute, and charming. Why don't Matt's exist in the real world!? Overall, it was a quick light hearted, feel good read, and I can see why people are soo eager to read these titles. Who wouldn't want to escape into a perfect world where everything has a happy ending?

I received this book for free from Flyby Promotions in return for my honest, unbiased review. ( )
  ecataldi | Apr 20, 2015 |
Title: A Firefighter’s Promise
Author: Patricia Johns
Website: http://patriciajohnsromance.com/
Pages: 224
Year: 2015
Publisher: Love Inspired
My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.
Each of the Love Inspired novels is an adventure for readers the moment the book is opened. Here a young boy named Christopher is recently told by his mother that he was adopted. Christopher begins to have trouble at school eventually resulting in his being expelled. His mother Rachael moves back to her hometown in the hopes that Christopher will adjust and adapt to life in a small town along with meeting the firefighter who found him in a box outside the station one rainy night seven years ago.
Rachael only has Christopher after being widowed five years prior when her firefighter husband was killed one night while on duty. Rachael knows all too well what living with a public servant is like so she shies away from any man showing interest in her who works as a firefighter. After finishing the novel, my respect and admiration for all public servants grew even though this is a fictional novel. I could see the toll it would take on any relationship or family when at any moment an emergency could pull their loved one into the line of fire.
The other issues fictionalized for readers are not the main focus, but the hope and restoration that God can bring into lives is the highlighted message. Waiting for the right moment when God brings two people together is inspiring and being together for a lifetime, though it involves work, is priceless! There are many other stories Love Inspired offers. A Firefighter’s Promise is a stand-alone novel.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457 ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Apr 16, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373879601, Mass Market Paperback)

A Hero for Her Son

When the baby he rescued seven years ago returns—with his widowed adoptive mom—Deputy Fire Chief Matt Bailey can't turn them away. Desperate to escape the reminders of his failure in the line of duty, Matt is close to leaving town. But one look at Rachel Carter and her son, Christopher, has him second-guessing his plans. Rachel is a mom in need of a hero for her son. But as much as she wants the two to bond, she's determined to keep her distance from Matt. After losing her husband on the job, she promised never to love another fireman. Yet somehow she finds herself drawn to the one man she should avoid.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 16 Jul 2015 04:42:24 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,016,545 books! | Top bar: Always visible