Idle, Wild, Love by Shaida Escoffery

by Shaida Escoffery

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byMosherKunin

No tags.

I really enjoyed this book. I generally don't go for love stories but I sought out one to read when I picked this one. I was caught by the title and the cover. The title and cover reminded me of where I grew up, where I live now, and where I want to be.

The story takes place in Idlewild, Michigan which is literally just down the road from me. I think the author captures the setting of this area well. This made me feel at home with the book.

I read this and the sequel in four evenings and I found them both enjoyable. It was the comfort food that I needed for my soul. I really was at a place where I needed a nice love story where my beliefs of love being a choice that takes hard work were reinforced.

It is a little like a fairy tale. Which normally doesn't suit me. However, I was in need of something that ended up with everyone's hearts being filled with love and I wasn't disappointed. ( )
  MosherKunin | Apr 21, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 061592140X, Paperback)

When Hannah returns home to Idlewild, Michigan from Paris to escape World War II; Henry expects the awkward, frumpy girl to appear, not the beautiful, outspoken woman at the train station. The bed-hopping Henry, now finds his match in his pious, childhood friend Hannah, who wants nothing to do with him and his flirtation. He must confront his alcoholism and childhood scars from a Jim Crow South. This journey towards emotional healing sets him on a path to learn unforgettable lessons in life and love. Soon, when tragedy strikes, both Henry and Hannah’s faith are tested. Will they remain in Idlewild? Or will they change along with the historical community that is altered by the shifting times of the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 31 Aug 2015 05:51:27 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,109,936 books! | Top bar: Always visible