Daughter of the Cimarron by Samuel Hall

by Samuel Hall

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byjohnavery

No tags.

Sam Hall’s Daughter of the Cimmaron is a study in family relationships. The circumstances of the Depression and Dust Bowl years put pressure on the main characters in the book. That pressure brings out the good and the bad and contributes to Claire’s maturing. A somewhat dysfunction family begins to find healing. The ending left me wondering if there will be a sequel; the story begs continuation.

Sam does best with dialogue. We hear not only the words of the cast but their feelings too. Sam’s style of short paragraphs and almost continuous conversation keeps the story moving along. Personally, I prefer a breather from time to time. Descriptions of places and people would provide some welcome variety. Aside from my tastes, Sam has done a great job. ( )
  johnavery | Apr 17, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,189,341 books! | Top bar: Always visible