Giallo Fantastique by Ross E. Lockhart

Giallo Fantastique

by Ross E. Lockhart (Editor)

Other authors: Adam Cesare (Contributor), Garrett Cook (Contributor), Ennis Drake (Contributor), Orrin Grey (Contributor), Nikki Guerlain (Contributor)7 more, MP Johnson (Contributor), Michael Kazepis (Contributor), Brian Keene (Contributor), John Langan (Contributor), Anya Martin (Contributor), Cameron Pierce (Contributor), E. Catherine Tobler (Contributor)

Giallo Fantastique is the second in a series of titles we received this year from horror publisher Word Horde, and is pretty similar in makeup to the first title we reviewed, Children of Old Leech; it's another anthology consisting of previous Word Horde authors, in this case combining the Italian "lurid detective" genre known as "Giallo" with the otherworldly supernaturalism known as "Fantastique." And so as such, much again like Children of Old Leech, it's difficult to give one analytical summation of the entire book -- since this is made up of stories from twelve different authors, the quality ranges from okay to great depending on which piece you're talking about -- although in general I can once again confidently state that the overall quality of this anthology is well worth its purchase price. I look forward to starting to tackle the individual novels by individual Word Horde writers we have coming up in our "to-be-reviewed" queue; but for now, here's another compilation that's highly worth your time.

Out of 10: 8.5

Martin, AnyaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pierce, CameronContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Tobler, E. CatherineContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Palumbo, DavidCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,271,187 books! | Top bar: Always visible