House Arrest by K. A. Holt

House Arrest

by K. A. Holt

Timothy's brother has a birth defect, so he breathes through a tracheotomy. He requires constant supervision and care, but Timothy would do anything for him - even break the law. That's how Timothy wound up on house arrest. He can only go to school, or out under his mother's supervision for the next year. ( )
  lilibrarian | Feb 13, 2018 |
Beautiful, emotional, hard-hitting verse novel about a boy who stole to help his mom provide medications for his baby brother, who has a disability. ( )
  howifeelaboutbooks | Jan 9, 2018 |
Written in a poetic format, HOUSE ARREST is a collection of journal entries main character Timothy is required to make during his year-long house arrest sentence after stealing a wallet to help pay for his baby brother Levi's medical bills. Timothy not only has to deal with his brother's fragile medical state. His father left not long after Levi's birth without letting anyone know and has had no contact with the family.

Reading this book, I found myself wondering how I would handle Timothy's situation when I was his age. How would I react? Would I be the one to run away like his Dad? Would I be like Timothy and make a rash decision? Would I be like his mom and work myself into the ground and forbid asking for help? The characters K.A. Holt created react in real, real ways. This book is shockingly real. You will love it. I recommend HOUSE ARREST for grades four and up. ( )
  MrsDruffel | Jun 26, 2017 |
#2017-18 VRC Book
  SummerReadsLMS | May 30, 2017 |
Timothy is stressed. His family is under pressure. When baby Levi is born ill and has to breathe through a trach, suddenly money becomes a big issue and his dad just leaves. Timothy wants to help and steals a wallet. He is caught and finds himself with a probation officer, counselor, and an assignment to write in a journal for his year of probation The book tells Timothy's story during that year and the way the he learns to reach out for help and the ways he is helped by the community around him.
A quick, novel in verse read that explores issues of family and dealing with really rough times. ( )
  ewyatt | Dec 29, 2016 |

Young Timothy is sentenced to house arrest after impulsively stealing a wallet, and he is forced to keep a journal into which he pours all his thoughts, fears, and frustrations.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

K. A. Holt's book House Arrest was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,516,949 books! | Top bar: Always visible