Killian (The Avalon Series Book 1) by…

Killian (The Avalon Series Book 1)

by Elizabeth Kelly

521,436,638 (4.5)None

Fairy prince and human girl, what could possibly go wrong?

Killian is a fairy prince, he is a strong and lethal warrior, who will one day claim the fairy throne. But when the fairy realm comes under attack, Killian is forced to flee – swearing that one day he will come home and claim his destiny. Reagan is a quite young woman who buries herself in her art, but she is not without baggage, her parents mysteriously vanished and the one thing she wants is answers to their whereabouts. On a rare night out she meets a bartender and the two fall in love, her world turns upside down and Reagan must learn to trust the prince of the fairy realm.

Welcome to my stop on the Killian blog tour – hosted by Enchanted Book Promotions! Killian is an exciting blend of fantasy and realism, and it’s one your absolutely going to love. This is a really fun and enjoyable story. I’m actually going on holiday in a few days and I wish I’d been able to read it then, it’s the sort of book you can get completely immersed in and before you know it hours have passed (and your flight is boarding.)

Killian is a great character. He’s strong and tough, does whatever he can to save the fairy realm. But he’s also kind and caring, which makes for an interesting mix. He’s the type of character that will make an excellent leader. I also really liked Reagan, she has a mysterious past, which gives her another layer, and makes her a really interesting character.

If you love paranormal romance, this is definitely the book for you. There’s a good mixture of action and romance, and there’s plenty of funny interesting dialogue too. I loved that it was set in a fairy world and the human world, because it brought an interesting mix into the story. It’s really well paced and overall is just a pleasure to read. Word of warning though, it does end on a major cliff hanger, and you’ll be desperate to know what happens next – as I am! This of course is the first book in the series, and I am really looking to the rest of what I'm sure will be a really fabulous series! ( )
  ColeReadsBooks | May 12, 2015 |
Prince Killian of Avalon, needs to flee his fairy kingdom after it is attacked, and his family is murdered. He seeks refuge in the human realm and can only return once he finds his true mate.

Killian is a wonderful and imaginative story. It is fast-paced and impeccably written. It is full of mystery, romance, drama, and fantasy.

Killian is a worthy leader and hero. My heart went out to him for all he suffered and lost. He would make an excellent King. He is kind, yet a warrior.

Reagan Lunsa is a fun character. She is an art student who makes jewelry for a living. She has had a difficult life but doesn’t let that get he down. She has some trust issues, but that is to be expected.

I enjoyed Claudia’s character and her connection to Kilian and Regan. She was a good friend to both, yet mysterious.

I liked the similarities between Killian and Reagan: Claudia and her gift to both; the poem they both knew; the story of the fairy prince and the moon goddess.

Killian ends in a cliff hanger, and I really want to know what happens next. I have a feeling it is going to be good.

Complimentary copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | Apr 17, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,322,621 books! | Top bar: Always visible