Wages of Sin

Wages of Sin

222,551,640 (5)None
Recently added bySkylles, jennifferhope

No tags.

I find very few books flawless.
Wages of Sin by Dave Ewans joins a very elite company of books I would consider truly brilliant, such as Catch-22, The Invisible Man by Ralph Ellisen, and Thud by Terry Pratchett. Each one, in its way, is absolutely beautiful.

In Wages of Sin, Dave Ewans perfectly executes the modern urban fantasy. For the first time in a very long time, I could not put a book down. I was hooked within the first 2% of the book. I may be in love with Dave Ewans' vocabulary alone.

He is a master of the craft, a phrase I do not ever use lightly. His depth of understanding of the human mind, fast paced plot, and amazingly true and full characters leaves me humbled as a writer. Dave Ewans sets the standard of writing at a level I can only hope to achieve one day.

Every single detail of Wages of Sin is right on, honest, and written with grace and compassion. He approaches every character, regardless of race, sex, age, or sexual orientation with equal care and understanding, giving each realistic strengths, perspectives, desires, regrets, and flaws. Most importantly, he approaches each character with equal respect.

I can usually predict the outcome of a book or movie by the plot's midpoint, but Dave Ewans kept me pleasantly surprised each and every moment, and, for that alone, I am grateful.

I would recommend any adult read this book, even if urban fantasy is not your thing, for Wages of Sin is a brilliantly written, entirely engaging book. The horror is wonderfully horrific, the interpersonal interactions never fall short, and no part of the story feels rushed or forced.

Wages of Sin does contain strong adult themes and situations, including strong sexual scenes, and, therefore, is probably not appropriate for younger readers. ( )
  Skylles | May 18, 2015 |
Enjoyed it!! Thanx for letting me read it!! :-) ( )
  jennifferhope | May 17, 2015 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

's book Wages of Sin was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,109,811 books! | Top bar: Always visible