Mini Myths: Make a Wish, Midas! by Joan…

Mini Myths: Make a Wish, Midas!

by Joan Holub

Other authors: Leslie Patricelli (Illustrator)

Series: Mini Myths (2)

521,436,638 (5)None

This is a fun twist on King Midas that all youngsters will enjoy.

Midas loves the color yellow. Everything must be yellow. Even his food and his beloved stuffed animal, Dinoboo

But once he looks at what he’s done he realizes sometimes things are better left as they are.

As a little girl, I turned my stuffed poodle purple and was so sad afterwards. But I kept it until it fell apart.

Such a cute story and the illustrations will capture even the youngest child’s attention while you share the tale of Midas.

The author includes the tale of Midas at the end of the book in such a way your child will enjoy learning some mythology. I even learned from it.

It’s never too early to teach your children and this book would be a fun way to show and tell. ( )
  laura-thomas | Jan 27, 2016 |
I give this book 5/5 stars!

I received this book from the author, for my unbiased review. Thanks to Mother Daughter Book Reviews for coordinating this.

Midas loves yellow and wants to paint everything yellow. I loved the illustrations, and also the mythology story at the end of the book so you can teach your children. They will be ahead of the game at school by knowing who Midas is already.

Parents: There is an underlying moral to this book. Midas loves yellow so much, he wants to paint everything yellow. He paints his toy dinosaur half yellow then immediately regrets it. Then he realizes at the end he likes yellow but he loves his dinosaur toy just the way it is.

Children: Children will love the illustrations, and should know what the color yellow looks like at the end of this one! I recommend this book for the ages 0-3, because I am a firm believer in reading books to your child no matter how young they are. (It worked for me!) ( )
  karatheredhead | Apr 18, 2015 |

Joan Holubprimary authorall editionscalculated
Patricelli, LeslieIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Young Midas, who loves the color yellow, makes an impulsive wish that has dire consequences for his beloved toy dinosaur. Includes a retelling of the original Midas's Wish myth.

Joan Holub is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,859,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible