Denai Touch: Excalibar Investigations Series…

Denai Touch: Excalibar Investigations Series

by Tiffany Shand

322,001,085 (4)None

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Through no fault of the authors, I read the wrong copy. I was sent a corrected version of the book, but I got the two copies mixed up and didn't realize it until almost the end of the book. I didn't want to re-read the whole book, so I only re-read from Chapter 28 forward, which is where I could tell I was missing chapters from my original copy.

That being said, this book was well-written and I think that fans of fantasy and witchy-themed books will like it. The story was a classic good vs. evil theme in a fantastical world with multiple planes of existence. There was a good amount of action and battles between the good witches (Denai/Coven) and the bad witches (the Covenant). Of course the leader of the Covenant was making a grab for power and wanted to take over the Coven as Grand Mistress, a position currently held by our heroine's grandmother.

Our hero, Jason, was a great lead character and romantic interest. He is a bit of a tortured soul who has lived a very long and lonely existence on the run from people who want to enslave him. He is very powerful and he cares a great deal for our heroine, Cate. In an effort to protect her, he contemplates leaving to keep her from being hurt by the people who hunt him. He was a little too passive for me at times, especially when Cate's family treats him like absolute dirt. Our heroine, Cate is a mixed blood Denai witch and fey, who is prophesied to be the most powerful witch ever born. Unfortunately, I just did not like Cate. She was too stubborn and reckless and I didn't think she was a team player. I stayed aggravated with her through most of the book, and I hated that she fought the relationship with Jason so hard. This has nothing to do with the writing - I just have read so many books lately where the heroines fight the heroes at every turn and it has started to drive me a bit crazy. I also didn't like the women in Cate's family. They were cold, pompous and only served their own interests.

This was a good job for a debut novel, and a good foundation for the rest of the series. I will keep reading to see how the story unfolds. Based on the relationship status at the end of this book, I think Cate may not be so aggravating to me in the future. 3 stars / 2 flames ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |
Denai Touch: Excalibar Investigations Series by Tiffany Shand

Cate McCray is a special Witch, she is prophesied to destroy The Coven ,they want to enslave all of Magickind. The Coven is trying to destroy her before she ascends and before she becomes immortal. With the help of her elemental partner Jason Talbot, they try to stop The Coven for good, before it is too late Add to it that Cate is attracted to Jason, and the feelings are mutual. But their love for each other can (literally) destroy them.

The plot is original, with Cate being a Denai (Witch), she is very likable, as well as Jason. A well written gripping, compelling Witch story. With vivid details and intense prose the story moves at the perfect pace.

There is suspense, action, danger, romance, and family ties. A definite page-turning all night read. I highly recommend Denai Touch: Excalibar Investigations Series to those who love a great paranormal/romance. I also felt the cover was very eye catching and captures the "air" of this fascinating story. ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Mar 11, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,847,443 books! | Top bar: Always visible