Snowflake Bay by Donna Kauffman

DNF. Because I'm a "Mainer" (someone originally from Maine) I really wanted to like this novel. Yet, from the start I just could not get into it.
  fromjesstoyou | Dec 27, 2016 |
Fiona McCrae is an amazing interior designer, that was just awarded one of the top awards for her field…but she feels unfulfilled. So after moving home to Blueberry Cove, Maine, to open a new shop, she agreed to help plan her two of her sibling’s weddings. What she wasn't expecting though, was to run into the object of her teenage affection and for him to still use the same nickname he tortured her with as a kid.
Ben Campbell didn't realize just how much he hurt her with the childish nickname until she blew up at her sister over it. But after not seeing her since she left for Manhattan, he was bowled over by how she had grown. Now he wants more with her, but he is not sure that he will forgive him.
Basically I loved this book! I honestly cannot say just how much I love it! From Fiona's outburst in the bar! To the ambush by the crazy overbearing ex at the employee party! Every chapter of this book provoked some form of emotion for me; from surprised, upset and thankfully happiness! The characters in this book really moved me! The writing, plot and characters were great and I honestly it kept me completely gripped and left me wanting to read all of the other books in the series.
I give Snowflake Bay 9 out of 10!
  Cara_Ross | Aug 16, 2016 |
This second book in the Brides of Blueberry Cove is fantastic! This is a wonderful small town romance that gives us Fiona and Ben's story. They've known each other their whole lives. She was always his best friends little sister but there is nothing little about her now! They both left Blueberry Cove but Fiona has moved back to work at a slower pace in a style that is truly her. She's done with city living. Ben is back due to family illness. He doesn't plan on staying but selling the family tree farm just doesn't seem right. Add to that his attraction to Fiona and what they could possibly have and staying is looking better, but he has a business that has really taken off. Can they find a compromise that will make everyone happy?

I highly recommend this one. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
Rating: Five
Review:

"Snowflake Bay" by Donna Kauffman

My Thoughts.....

I loved this Christmas holiday contemporary romance read that had several things going on in this well written story that will keep your attention all the way to the end. We find Fiona was back in her home town of Blueberry Cove. Maine [small town] for her sister Hannah's Christmas wedding and since she was now staying and opening up her new shop [Fiona McCrae Interiors]. What will happen when Fiona who was nicknamed Fireplug Fi by a a old childhood friend ....Ben who was her brothers Logan's best friend was also back in town working at his family business? There will be a lots going on in this story...from upcoming nuptials, old friends and family getting back together to even business concerns. What will happen as Ben sees Fiona as a a woman and not just 'Fireplug Fi? Will they become more than just friends as Fiona learns that Ben's become far greater than the boy she had a crush on? I loved how this author gives the reader such a well written story about this McCrae family who were truly there for each other along with some other very interesting characters that will keep you turning the pages until the end. Be ready for catching up with the Cove residents that are well developed, likable, well portrayed and believable that will keep the reader engaged in it all.

This is the second novel in this series..'The Brides of Blueberry Cove #2 ....which deals mainly with Fiona and Ben. I would suggest that even though its a standalone read I would read the first series to truly understand how well this storyline is so well written. I truly loved that train ride that Ben and Fiona took during the holidays ...what chemistry, definitely leaving you saying WoW! Now, to learn just what I am talking about you will have to pick up "Snowflake Bay" to see how well this author presents it to the readers. Now, I will be ready for this next series featuring Kerry McCrae.

I received a copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  arlenadean | Aug 30, 2015 |

After returning home to Blueberry Cove only to be roped into helping plan her big sister Hannah's Christmas wedding, Fiona McCrea hopes that her childhood crush, Ben Campbell, who is also back in town, will finally notice her.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,005,991 books! | Top bar: Always visible