Emma Jean's Bad Behavior by Charlotte Rains…

Emma Jean's Bad Behavior

by Charlotte Rains Dixon

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byMyPenNameOnly

No tags.

I won an e-book copy of this book through the final giveaway for The Romance Reviews 4th Anniversary Celebration, and the following is my honest opinion for the book.

I doubt any of us who has read this, or will read it, who can deny they’ve seen part of themselves in the author’s protagonist, Emma Jean. Like Emma Jean we’re all flawed in one way or another. We have all lied about our ages, Emma Jean’s 48 but tells everyone following her online she’s 43. In her, we get transported to the various places in her mind and continuous shifting religious beliefs.

We’ve all journeyed down the path life changes has in store for us. And for Emma Jean the past year has been a long one with a myriad of ups and downs, a big one is falling in love; which is only made smaller when she discovers she’s now pregnant. Being pregnant is apparently one thing she doesn’t really want as she as her life has been a big lie including the fact she hates children especially babies.

The writing is quite inviting as some might find it hard to put the book down at times. Despite Emma Jean’s apparent bad behavior she realizes something important, the love for her family.

For allowing us to share Emma Jean’s experience, I’m giving the author, Charlotte Rains Dixon, 5 STARS for her endeavor here. ( )
  MyPenNameOnly | Apr 19, 2015 |

Best-selling novelist Emma Jean Sullivan longed for a baby for years, but after she and her husband Peter were unable to conceive, she staunchly vowed to become the standard bearer for all childless couples. And she succeeds spectacularly. At age 48 (43 according to her blog, Life, Full Tilt) Emma Jean enjoys a rabid anti-baby fan base and her novels have sold millions. But now she confronts a dilemma larger than any that her heroines have faced: she’s pregnant. And the baby’s father is not her husband.

Through no fault of her own (he was just so damned adorable), Emma Jean had begun a passionate affair with Riley, a fetching airplane mechanic she met at a book signing in L.A. Terrified of losing both her fan base and her identity, she struggles to maintain her sham brand and her marriage. But Peter is busy embezzling Emma Jean’s money and completely uninterested in fatherhood, and Riley has his hands full with problems of his own. Not only that, her latest novel is a miserable failure, and a Vanity Fair reporter, who plans to out Emma Jean’s pregnancy to her fans, is stalking her. What’s a suddenly broke, failing, middle-aged, pregnant novelist to do? Why, flee to a glamorous resort town, of course. There, Emma Jean plots her next move.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 07 Jul 2015 04:11:22 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,596,997 books! | Top bar: Always visible