Mastered (The Enforcers) by Maya Banks

Mastered (The Enforcers)

by Maya Banks

I love Maya Banks and have read all of her books so I was very excited to get my hands on Mastered.

But I struggled with the first 3/14 of the books because I just could not buy into Evangeline suddenly giving up everything for a stranger and a very nasty, scary, stranger but that is what she did. And she is everything good and light, a baby lamb ready for sacrifice. I hated the way she continually put herself down and had to have everyone build her up. She should have been very proud of herself for all of the sacrifices she made for her parents but she was depressingly self-loathing.

Drake is everything she is not. He is rich, powerful, sure of himself and his world. He falls hard at first sight of his Angel. I really did not like him at all at first. I loved the men who surround him. But he was too self absorbed and too in control and so high above mere mortals that I just did not think I would love him.

That is Ms. Banks genius. She made me fall in love with him. She made me forgive him of all of his faults. She made me believe that he could be redeemed. Even Angel realized that she had self worth and was beautiful.

I was upset to find at the end of the book there was no happy ending but a continuation that I will have to wait for but I will wait eagerly for that ending because Maya Banks never lets us down….

I give this Five Stars and highly recommend it.

Tricialen
  Tricialen | Aug 12, 2017 |
So far so good. Looking forward to the next one. ( )
  tiffsaddictiontobook | Jul 18, 2017 |
DESCRIPTION, NOT REVIEW: What he wants, he takes with no remorse or guilt.

She stood out in his club like a gem, unspoiled and untouched. A lamb among wolves, she clearly didn’t belong. Drawn to her innocence he watched as she was surrounded by men who saw what he did—but no one but him could touch her. He summoned her to his private quarters. He sensed her fear. He also recognized the desire in her eyes. And he knew she wouldn’t leave before he possessed her. She had no need to know his secrets. Not until he had her under his complete and utter control.

What he wants, she isn’t sure she can give him.

The moment he told her want he wanted, she couldn’t resist. Instinct told her to run, but her heart said stay and walk the fine line between pleasure and pain. Though she wasn’t sure she could ever completely surrender, the primal part of her wanted to try, even knowing this man could break her in ways she never imagined. Because once he possessed her, he owned her and it would be too late to turn back. She can only pray that he doesn’t destroy her in the end. [PART ONE OF TWO] ( )
  treehousereader | Jun 2, 2017 |
I tend to like the drama to come more from the situation than the characters in the stories that I read. These characters are extremely high strung and prone to acting out. They instantly love, hate, fight, etc. A good bit rubbed me the wrong way. I know that some enjoy these traits in their stories; so, check it out if that's you.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review*** ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review*** ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

The #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Surrender Trilogy and the Breathless Trilogy knows what makes readers hot. Now she turns it up in Mastered, the explosive first book in a new series of a desire too dangerous to resist.

What he wants, he takes with no remorse or guilt.

What he wants, she isn’t sure she can give him.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 31 Aug 2015 06:20:31 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,934,322 books! | Top bar: Always visible