The Turning Point by Freya North

The Turning Point

by Freya North

(Spoiler Alert) Well, this is the first of any Freya North I've read and I maintain it won't be the last she is a wonderful writer. The story was so well developed and the cast of characters came right off the page, so much so when she wrenched the plot so quickly I lost my breathe! Great, great book, but I haven't forgiven her for the end yet. ( )
  mchwest | May 30, 2016 |
I would always rather be happy than dignified. - Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte
La musique commence la ou s'arrete le pouvoir des mots. (Where music stars, words cease.) - Richard Wagner
For Maureen Pegg and Jo Smith - my MoJo indeed.
Alone in his truck on an empty stretch of road in the middle of Thompson Country, Scott cursed out loud though no one could hear him.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 23 Jul 2015 05:57:29 -0400)

Everyone deserves a new beginning. But sometimes fate isn't on your side...Over one short weekend, when Canadian musician Scott Emerson and British children's author Frankie Shaw meet by chance, a profound connection is made. Their homes are thousands of miles apart: Frankie and her children live by the coast of North Norfolk while Scott's roots lie deep in the mountains of British Columbia. Against all advice, they decide to see where this might go. Over oceans and time zones, they make sacrifices and take risks, discovering along the way new truths about love and family. For the first time in a long while, it seems life could be very good. But fate has a tragic twist in store, one that could destroy all that was hoped for. Poignant, engrossing and moving, The Turning Point is a novel about the importance of seizing happiness and trusting that love will always find a way.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,150,610 books! | Top bar: Always visible