The Sweetest Burn by Jeaniene Frost

Ivy Jenkins:
Adrain:
Jasmine, Zack, Costa

The Story:

Ivy is on her second hunt for a super powerful relic that will seal all the walls to the demonic realms. Demons and minions are fought, betrayals happen (not from Adrian, thank goodness), near death experiences, revelations upon revelations, soul tethering and smoking hot sex all ensue.

I liked this story but it didn’t keep my attention like the first one. I’m anxious to hear the next chapter however my library is not cooperating.

The Random Thoughts:

3.75 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Feb 6, 2018 |
I liked this book. After having mixed feelings about the first book in the series, The Beautiful Ashes, I had considered not reading this book. I decided to give it a try in the end and actually liked it more than the first book in the series. I do think that this is a series that needs to be read in order. This book picks up shortly after the events of the first book and is really a continuing story. I am very glad that I made the decision to give this book a chance.

I love the world that this story is set in. It is like the world we live in but with a few extra features available to certain people. In other words, most people don't see the things that Ivy and Adrian see and I like the idea of the something extra. In some cases, people really just don't want to believe what they are seeing. It was rather exciting to go with Ivy and Adrian to all of the realms and deal with so many different issues.

Ivy and Adrian's relationship takes some big steps in this book. I do really like them as a couple and was happy to see things progress for them. At the start of the book, Ivy did drive me a bit nuts by being a tad dramatic. I understood why she was upset but maybe she could have found out why things happened the way they did. It just seemed to slow the story down at times.

There were some pretty interesting developments in the overall story. I really didn't expect the artifacts to work for Ivy quite the way that they did and I found it to be really creative. They spend a lot of this story looking for the second artifact which is a staff. We learn a lot about Adrian's history as they search through different areas.

I did enjoy the narration of this audiobook. Tavia Gilbert does a really good job with the character voices which helped to bring the story to life. I thought that she really added a lot of emotion to her delivery which made everything a bit more exciting. I thought that her voice was very pleasant and I found myself listening to the book for hours at a time.

I would recommend this book to others. I can't say that I like this series as much as the Night Huntress series but it is quite entertaining. In the end, I found it to be quite enjoyable and am looking forward to reading the next book in the series. ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Dec 9, 2017 |

Conquering a supernatural realm turned out to be easier than getting over a broken heart. But her initial victory has made Ivy a target for revenge, forcing her to reunite with the dangerous?and dangerously sexy?Adrian. Ivy isn't sure which will be harder: finding the hallowed weapon that will repair the crumbling walls between the demon and human realms, or resisting Adrian, who's decided that come hell or high water, he will make Ivy his.? At first, Adrian tried to resist his feelings for Ivy. Now, determined to break the curse that dooms their love, he's vowed to save her and to have her. If only he can persuade her to forgive his past sins. But defying destiny?and surrendering to the smoldering desire between them?will bring consequences and sacrifices they never imagined?.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,458,460 books! | Top bar: Always visible