Sing For Me by Gracie Madison

Sing For Me

by Gracie Madison

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added bySara.Newhouse

Madeline has the voice of an angel -- literally. Heaven is at war, with angels and demons fighting, so Madeline was sent to Earth to hide out as an opera singer. Damascus protects her from any rogue demons who might get the unfortunate idea of coming after her, but only Madeline can keep her voice in check. After all, one wrong note could seriously injure, or even kill, one of her friends.

Sometimes (pretty often, lately) I want to like a book a lot more than I actually end up liking it. Sing for Me was one of those books for me.

The most frustrating part of this book was that there was nothing in it that I blatantly disliked. The writing? Perfectly good. The characters? Varied, not stereotypical, complex enough for the length of the book. The plot? A little convoluted at the beginning, but it straightened itself out. Nothing I couldn't get past.

I just couldn't bring myself to care about what happened. I didn't laugh, cry, get frustrated... nothing. I can't even say that I was bored with it. I just didn't connect with anything that was happening.

That's not to say that you won't like it. Nearly every review I've read has been glowing, so don't let my book slump drag you down, too. Sing for Me is definitely well-written, and if you like fantasy, angels-versus-demons and good-versus-evil stories, you should definitely give it a shot!

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the free copy.

[see all my reviews at the bibliophagist] ( )
  Sara.Newhouse | Feb 11, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,990,211 books! | Top bar: Always visible