Sing for Us by Steven Wise

Sing for Us

by Steven Wise

‘Sing for Us’ is one of those books that I did not want to end, and if I were able, would have given more than 5 stars. Totally hooked, I could well imagine myself amongst the wounded men at the Confederate Hospital. As a former carer, there were times when I could have easily slipped into Letha Bartlett shoes.

I never like writing a synopsis of a story, as I don’t like spoiling for others. Based on a true story and without giving too much away... Letha Bartlett and her gentle touch brings comfort and courage to the soldiers in her care. When Granville Pollard enters the ward, Letha is captivated not only by his cultured bearing, but by his singing voice. A man who was emotionally and physically crippled, having lost his fiancée and both of his feet.

This is the first book that I have read by Steven Wise and it will not be the last. I received this ebook through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  JeanetteS | Apr 21, 2015 |

During the dying days of the Civil War, Letha Bartlett lovingly tends to the wounded in a Confederate hospital in Richmond, Virginia. A widow herself, her gentle touch and fiercely protective personality bring comfort and courage to the soldiers in her care. When Granville Pollard, a Northerner who spurned his Union father to fight for the Confederacy, enters the ward, Letha is captivated by his cultured bearing and singing voice. Granville has lost both his fiancee and his feet to the war, leaving him emotionally and physically crippled. Together with a gruff patient named Sergeant Crump, Letha mends Granville, restoring his hope for a future. But the war is not over and death hovers, striking a blow that will plunge Letha and Granville into an abyss from which only the most faithful love can save them.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,239,416 books! | Top bar: Always visible