Donna Bell's Bake Shop: Recipes and…

Donna Bell's Bake Shop: Recipes and Stories of Family, Friends, and…

by Pauley Perrette

201515,329 (5)None

As soon as I saw this book I knew I wanted to read it. NCIS is one of my favorite tv shows and Pauley’s character Abby has such a quirky fashion style and personality that makes the show a lot of fun to watch! I loved reading how the bake shop came to be, the relationships between the authors, and the authors and their families.

The recipes look easy enough and the ingredients easy to find. But, the one recipe my son wanted me to make uses frozen cranberries, and I can’t find them anywhere.

The photos are great and make the book come “alive”. It is very well written and I enjoyed it from the first word to the last.

If you love to bake, love bake shops or just love Pauley, get a copy of this book!

I’m going to NYC later this year with my oldest son and his family and my youngest son. Donna Bell’s Bake Shop will definitely be one of the places I visit. ( )
  VickiLN | May 3, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 147677112X, Hardcover)

The heartwarming story of how NCIS star Pauley Perrette and her two best friends created a Southern-style bake shop in Manhattan—a celebration of love and friendship with gorgeous photographs and delicious recipes.

Nestled in the heart of midtown New York is a little shop with a big story. An all-natural bake shop that specializes in Southern baked goods, Donna Bell’s is owned by Pauley Perrette, the actress who plays Abby Sciuto on CBS’s NCIS, and her two best friends, Darren Greenblatt and Matthew Sandusky. It was named in honor of Pauley’s late mother, who is the beloved inspiration for everything they bake.

It all started in 1993, when Pauley met Darren in New York City’s Hell’s Kitchen, just blocks away from where the shop is currently located. The two became inseparable friends and Pauley’s Southern mom would welcome Darren to their home with mouthwatering treats. Darren loved this food and soon left his successful career in fashion to open a food truck that sold Southern desserts at the Jersey Shore. Eventually he wanted to expand and turned to Pauley and their friend Matthew—who worked in the Los Angeles food industry—for help. Soon Matthew was on his way to New York to open Donna Bell’s Bake Shop with Pauley and Darren.

With recipes for favorites like buttermilk biscuits, chocolate chip-almond scones, and peach streusel muffins; personal photographs from Pauley, Darren, Matthew, and Donna Bell herself; this is the story how one fantastic bake shop brings warmth and happiness—one treat at a time—to the urban jungle that is New York City.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 30 Jul 2015 08:06:50 -0400)

"Nestled in the heart of midtown New York is a little shop with a big story. An all-natural bake shop that specializes in Southern baked goods, Donna Bell's is owned by Pauley Perrette, the actress who plays 'Abby Scuito' on CBS's NCIS, and her two best friends, Darren Greenblatt and Matthew Sandusky ... With recipes for favorites like buttermilk biscuits, chocolate chip-almond scones, and peach streusel muffins; [and] personal photographs from Pauley, Darren, Matthew, and Donna Bell herself, this is the story how one ... bake shop brings warmth and happiness--one treat at a time--to the urban jungle that is New York City"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,643,215 books! | Top bar: Always visible