The Blackbird's Song by Billy Wong

The Blackbird's Song

by Billy Wong

I enjoyed this book. The characters were likable and the story was entertaining. It kept my interest all the way to the end. I enjoyed the original ending, not the alternate ending. It seems silly that it was included at all, as its very existence sort of undermines the original ending. ( )
  PhDinHorribleness | Feb 9, 2017 |
The story of brothers searching for glory and finding an unlikely heroine. The journey centers around the search for sacred, powerful artifacts to disprove the power of the church and its angels. While not particularly compelling story for me, this book will appeal to many teens, especially those looking doe a strong heroine facing inconceivable odds. I found the multiple trials repetitive and the ending(s) predictable. Thank you to the author for the review copy. ( )
  ensclauren | May 4, 2016 |
I received a free copy of this book for an honest and impartial review: The Blackbirds Song is a book that captures the adventures of a duo for the Society for Conserving Artifacts (SAC). They are joined by a supernatural being that has super powers and they combat evil doers from the church. That is the extent of the story as they get into misadventures over and over. This book started in a fairly good manner but just went downhill from there. The plot was weak and the story and dialogue seemed as if it were written for a 10 year old audience. If that was the point of it, then well done. I barely made it through half of the book before I finally stopped for good. I could only handle a chapter at a time with the curt dialogue and simplistic story. I rarely do not finish a book but could not make it through this one despite all my attempts to give it every chance to develop into something I could read. ( )
  xglenn | Apr 4, 2016 |
The Blackbird's Song by Billy Wong

Henry and Andrew are members of the Society for Conserving Artifacts (SAC). The Sac want to save the relics of ancient civilization from the Last Church. When they anger the church, they are saved by Blackbird. She has superhuman fighting skills. Soon the SCA's conflict with the church turns into a war, Blackbirds seems to be their only hope.

A well written action packed fantasy. I like Blackbird, she is different than others, yet she is just so likable. She is a strong female lead "unique" in so many ways. Henry and Andrew make a great pair and they too were very likable. There is a lot of action, the adventure is tense, there is a splash of humor as well.

I am a huge fan of Billy Wong and The Blackbird's Song did not disappoint. I strongly recommend to those who love a fantastic Epic Fantasy/Adventure. The cover is awesome, it really depicts Blackbird and captures her mystique and fierce personality. ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Mar 11, 2016 |
This author writes with a strong herione in mind in his books, and this is no different. The blackbird character is full of mystery and intrigue and immediately likeable. I'd like to hope sequels will reveal much more about her character too. An easy read fantasy. Nothing complicated, although some of the injuries are too far fetched for people to recover from in my mind, but maybe that's part of the fantasy appeal. But nice escapism, lots of battles and wit. Good read, just don't take it too seriously. ( )
  loopyem | Feb 17, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Billy Wong's book The Blackbird's Song was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Billy Wong is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,210,027 books! | Top bar: Always visible