Imaginary Things by Andrea Lochen

Imaginary Things

by Andrea Lochen

I never had an imaginary friend when I was a child. I don't know if this was because I had a sister close to my age or because I had a relatively calm childhood, but the idea never occurred to me. The protective nature of imaginary friends is the main focus of this suspenseful romance. I enjoyed the recovering of interpersonal dynamics throughout the book. Our leading lady has not had a smooth life, and until she faces that, her future doesn't look as bright as she knows it could be.
I received my copy of Imaginary Things free from Astor + Blue Editions in exchange for a review. ( )
  susanbeamon | Jun 28, 2015 |

From Andrea Lochen, award-winning author of The Repeat Year, comes an enchanting tale about family, love, and the courage it takes to face your demons and start over again. Burned-out and completely broke, twenty-two-year-old single mother Anna Jennings moves to her grandparents? rural Wisconsin home for the summer?her four-year-old, David, in tow. Returning to Salsburg reminds Anna of simpler times?fireflies, picnics, Neapolitan ice cream?long before she met her unstable ex and everything changed. But the sudden appearance of shadowy dinosaurs awakens Anna from this small-town spell, and forces her to believe she has either lost her mind or can somehow see her son?s active imagination. Frightened, Anna struggles to learn the rules of this bizarre phenomenon, but what she uncovers along the way is completely unexpected: revelations about what her son?s imaginary friends truly represent and hidden secrets about her own childhood.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,454,603 books! | Top bar: Always visible