MURDER TO GO (Food Truck Mysteries Book 1)…

MURDER TO GO (Food Truck Mysteries Book 1)

by Chloe Kendrick

Great cozy mystery

Loved this book! I was intrigued by the characters & all the crazy things going on! I had no clue who had done it, this book had me guessing the whole way! Can't wait to read the next book in this exciting series!!! ( )
  ChrystaMarie23 | Apr 4, 2018 |
Great cozy mystery

ChrystaMarie23 | Apr 4, 2018 |
Not the worst book I've ever read, but dang, there were some dumb parts. The mystery actually doesn't make sense when all is said and done.

Maeve inherits a food truck from her zany aunt, who may or may not have had a girlfriend after her husband died. So what, you say? Yes, I agree. But apparently that was supposed to be important to the plot, except it so wasn't. Maeve's mom was pretty offensive about the fact that sexuality is a spectrum, not a 50/50 choice. The mystery would have stayed the same without adding this part, so it seemed shoe horned in to make a statement. Anyway. Someone is out to get Maeve, and people's heads are being cut off. CUT. OFF. Again, this part was never explained. Ever. Add in the "millennials are a lazy bunch vs. a victim of economic circumstances" theme and the unrealistic characterizations (see lesbian / not lesbian plotline, grouchy yet sexy male characters) and you might or might not be intrigued enough to read book 2. I am a masochist and will read it if it is free and it fits a challenge. Your mileage may vary.

P.S. Who has a death in the family and doesn't ask how they died? Especially if you are the main inheritor? Really? Selfish, selfish, selfish. And dumb. ( )
  GovMarley | Aug 6, 2017 |
Cute. Definitely a cozy mystery. The clues were not really given more inferred, and many questions were left unanswered. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jun 7, 2016 |
A cozy mystery--the plot is fairly well done with a surprise twist at the end that reveals who the murderer is. Of course, not all is revealed since this is the first book in a series. The food truck setting is trendy. I liked learning some things about food trucks. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,447,668 books! | Top bar: Always visible