SAMI THE MAGIC BEAR: No To Bullying! by…

SAMI THE MAGIC BEAR: No To Bullying!

by Murielle Bourdon

431,664,912 (4.67)None
Recently added byJoAB, SAMIBOOKS, skstiles612, tarenn

This book tells children how to deal with being bullied. Tell an adult. Most children think they shouldn't do that because it's tattling but when Thomas follows Sami the magic bear's suggestion and goes to his principal with his problem, it's quickly corrected. Kids have to learn that they don't have to handle everything on their own. Sometimes they do have to tell someone else so they can get help solving their problems.

For the most part, this book is easy to read for 8-10-year-olds and the illustrations help reinforce the story. It also lets adults know what to look for in a child that may be bullied. Things like if the child is shy and alone a lot with no friends.

I did think that it was a little unrealistic that Thomas and Victor (the bully) became best friends in this story. I don't think children should be encouraged to think that would happen to them but if the kids can be nice to each other after the bullying stops, that would be a good outcome. Other than that, this is another wonderful Sami book giving a good message to children.

Please note I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author. ( )
  JoAB | Jan 29, 2017 |
Bullying is and always had been a problem. In this book we meet Thomas. He is very smart. For this reason he is picked on by Victor and his friends. On his ninth birthday Victor takes Thomas’s birthday hat and pushes him down. Thomas is so embarrassed that he lies to his parents. He is surprised to see his grandparents have come to celebrate his birthday. After dinner he opens their present and finds a stuffed bear named Sami. Will Sami be able to help Thomas solve his bullying problem? This is a wonderful book on the effects of bullying, why bullying might occur and the proper way to handle it. Highly recommended to all parents and lower elementary teachers. ( )
  skstiles612 | Jan 2, 2017 |
Gosh, simply amazing. Oh yes, parents, grand-parents, educators, librarians and young readers, will enjoy this amazing story on "bullying".
Vivid pictures, and easy to follow. Written in a way children will understand and accept.
Perfect! Say "No to Bulling"! I can't wait for the next Sami the Magic Bear's next grand adventure! I absolutely loved this story!!

*Received for an honest review from the publisher*

**Cross-posted on My Book Addiction Reviews**

Rating: 5
Heat rating: N/A
Reviewed by: AprilR, courtesy of My Book Addiction and More ( )
  tarenn | Apr 22, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,194,009 books! | Top bar: Always visible