Hot Alphas by Lora Leigh

Hot Alphas

by Lora Leigh

3.5 Stars

I think I liked the first story the best. It was Erin's Kiss by Lora Leigh and centered on an ex-Marine and a bar manager. The emotions felt a little more real than the others and I'd like to read more about this group of guys and the women who shake up their world. My least favorite was misTaken by Laurelin McGee and that was due to the fact I just didn't feel any connection with Jaylene, a feminist who is very judgmental. The other two stories where okay, but I doubt I'll be reading them again.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. ( )
  amdrane2 | May 31, 2015 |
Erin’s Kiss - Lora Leigh- 2 Stars - Erin Masters, Turk Rogan - It pains me to say this but I don’t get it. I feel like there is tons of back story missing. I don’t know why this bar has CIA level security. I get that this villain guy wants Erin to get info from JD and I get Erin and Turk’s passion for each other (though it seems kinda forced) but I just don’t know why they are there to begin with. I also don’t really get the rescue. It all just seems so… unconnected. And this whole mysterious betrayer/watcher thing apparently over my head.

After I bit more looking around I realized this is a 3rd part in a series no wonder I’m so confused. Apparently I need to catch up. *sigh*

So I started misTAKEN and I'm just so bored. Then I realized I really wasn't all that engaged in Lora Leigh's story so I'm officially marking this DNF. Too many books to read for me to be pushing this hard to get through one.
  bookjunkie57 | May 20, 2015 |

"Four sexy short stories featuring four hot alpha heroes, headlined by #1 New York Times bestselling author Lora Leigh. In Erin's Kiss by Lora Leigh, ex-Marine Turk has become Erin's sworn protector. The target of her CIA-operative brother's foes, Turk is the only port Erin has to cling to in a storm. He promised her brother long ago never to touch her--but how can he resist a woman who aches to be with him as much as he burns for her? In misTaken by Laurelin McGee, Jaylene is an independent woman whose feminist values run deep. The last thing she wants is a man telling her what to do. Until she meets her mysterious new neighbor. He makes her realize that you can still be strong and relinquish control... in the bedroom. But as their passion consumes them, Jaylene isn't sure he is who he says he is. In Burn for Me by Shiloh Walker, Tate longs to spend his nights with Ali, a woman he's loved for years. But while Ali's heart aches for him, her head has reservations. Ali knows that Tate has unresolved anger that is a force to be reckoned with...but the heat that blazes between them is undeniable. Now both Tate and Ali are left to wonder: Can love really conquer all? In Tangled by Kate Douglas, Nate shows up to work at Tangled Vineyards ready to do what he loves best--craft award-winning wines. But when something better comes in the form of Cassie, the winemaker and former owner, Nate is completely love-drunk. Getting involved with Tangled's mixologist is a bad way to start off a new job, but with Cassie as a temptation, Nate doesn't stand a chance"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,563,783 books! | Top bar: Always visible