Kidnapped in Paradise (Paradise Series)…

Kidnapped in Paradise (Paradise Series) (Volume 7)

by Deborah Brown

761,138,814 (4.5)None

Praise for Deborah Brown and her creation of Madison alongside her sidekick Fab in their wild carefree Florida Keys world.and the effect their actions have on their loved ones.

Again the girls are caught up in owing IOUS and this takes us, the reader, on another roller coaster ride of murder, car repossessions, along with trying to clear her ex from a murder charge. We again meet the residents of Madison's condos, which she had inherited from her Aunty in book one, their eccentrics have got worse which adds more humour to the storyline.

How the author has come up with yet another storyline which is fresh and original is remarkable. The author has created characters which now can be rated alongside Ian Rankin's Rebus, James Patterson's Alex Cross and M C Beaton's Agatha Raisin. A must read to be put on your reading list and in put your suitcase for your summer holidays. ( )
  beckvalleybooks | Aug 7, 2015 |
Another fabulous installment of this series. Madison and Fabiana manage to get themselves in trouble yet again. Madison's ex, Jax, is back in town, looking for a place to hide and dragging the girls into his situation. From a severed head on the front porch, to being kidnapped, to being in protective custody, life is anything but boring.

All the usual family and friends are present, providing us with humorous incidents and secondary plots. Mac and Shirl provide me with lots of smiles and laughs!

Madison is still growing and maturing through each book. It's good to see her think things through and be less reckless than when the series began. And the relationships between the girls and their men also continue to grow and strengthen.

I received this book to review through Beck Valley Books Book Tours, all the opinions above are 100% my own. ( )
  TeresaKander | Aug 3, 2015 |
Every book I read with the zany detective Madison Westin and side kick chic Fab Merceau makes me more intimate with these two. I'm almost talking to them out loud, now, while I'm reading! Deborah Brown has done an excellent job of creating characters that the reader can either identify with, love to laugh with, or route for in the Paradise Series.

In Kidnapped in Paradise, which can be read as a stand alone, but if you have been reading the series, we start off into action with a senior kidnapping and regular wit from our to friends. In this action packed read, main plot involves Madison's ex husband Jax, who is in big trouble. Madison and Fab also find themselves in the worst trouble they have ever been in; and are determined to find their way out. The supporting cast are also memorable, and very well written.

This is a book I can recommend for a summer beach read, fun escape read, or a travel/commute read. If you like humor and drama, this is it.

**I received this book free of charge in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  ElizabethRTowns | Jul 23, 2015 |
Kidnapped in Paradise by Deborah Brown is a 2015 Paradise Books publication.

Madison and Fab are better than ever in this seventh installment of the series. The gang is back for more fun in the sun, but this time the characters and side cases introduce us to the zaniest criminals so far, but the main focus is on the return of Jax, Madison's ex-husband, who is nothing but trouble and likes to pull Madison into the fray right along with him. But this time he really is in over his head, and Madison and Fab are in for the most hair raising experience to date.

When it comes to this series, I always want to read the newest book right away, but I try to save it so there isn't such a long pause between books.

The one thing that stands out about this series and sets it apart, is the character growth and changes that the recurring cast and crew go through with each new book. However, when I get ready to settle in for a visit with Madison, Fab and the gang, its like touching base with old friends. The plot is always refreshing, the pace is steady and the mystery is always puzzling.

Madison and Fab were in rare form this time around as they found themselves in a big trouble, the worst trouble ever, and were able to figure their way out of their dire circumstances. Now, of course the men in their lives are less than thrilled and their over sized egos are going to have to adjust a little, but I can see Madison and Fab becoming famous someday.

This is another well written mystery adventure story by Deborah Brown. When I finish one of these books I always feel like I have been thoroughly entertained and can't wait to see what the gang will get up to next.

4.5 stars ( )
  gpangel | Jul 16, 2015 |
I've been lucky enough to be able to read all of the other books in this series and I couldn't wait for this one! These girls, Madison and Fab, they just can't stay out of trouble. They not only found it in this book, but they stepped right into the middle of it. We got to meet new people in Kidnapped in Paradise, which was great!

I really really enjoy the Paradise series, and I can't wait for more books, to tell us what other types of trouble Madison and Fab can get into! A+ Read. ( )
  CaliBookReviews | Jul 12, 2015 |

All is going well in the Florida Keys: coffee is brewing, lovers are snuggling, until a bloodcurdling scream comes from the front door of Madison Westin's home. Could this care package be tied to the infamous new partner of Madison's best friend and roommate, Fabiana Merceau, or to the coincidental reappearance of Madison's ex-husband? It's up to the girls to race against time--and their loved ones--to find out before they end up...Kidnapped in Paradise.

The Paradise series is packed with Action, Romance, Intrigue, Mystery and Suspense. Oh... did I forget to mention the humor makes for a fast and enjoyable read? These books will be difficult to put down!

READ THE WHOLE PARADISE SERIES:
Crazy in Paradise
Deception in Paradise
Trouble in Paradise
Murder in Paradise
Greed in Paradise
Revenge in Paradise
Kidnapped in Paradise

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 09 Jul 2015 10:46:01 -0400)

Deborah Brown is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,568,053 books! | Top bar: Always visible