Genesis by Stefan Bolz
212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byEd_Gosney

As a fan, one of the things I love about the new Apocalypse Weird series by Wonderment Media is that while each book is “connected,” they are also different. Different authors, different territories, different styles. But thank goodness they all sport those cool Michael Corley covers!

Stefan Bolz gives us Apocalypse Weird: Genesis (The White Dragon Book 1), and once again, it holds true to form that you’re not going to get the same story you read in the other books. No doubt there are some similar occurrences going on, such as the blindness, but each author adds their own touch, and that helps keep this series interesting.

I like the mix of people Bolz gives us in Genesis (which is set on Long Island, for those who are trying to keep track of the geographical areas the Apocalypse Weird has given us). He does a nice job of introducing them and giving us enough background to care about what happens to each. And while the protagonist of the story is 18-year-old Kasey Byrne, with most of the book from her perspective, Bolz gives real personalities to the co-stars, and who can blame you if one of them becomes your favorite?

Genesis is a fast-paced book that leads us on a crazy, chaotic nightmare from suicidal dolphins to a motorcycle gang that is not what they at first appear to be. This book is hard to put down, because you keep wanting to find out what happens next. And by the time you get to the end, you just know you’re going to buy the second one in this storyline the moment it becomes available. ( )
  Ed_Gosney | Apr 23, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,340,220 books! | Top bar: Always visible