Huckleberry Harvest (The Matchmakers of…

Huckleberry Harvest (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill)

by Jennifer Beckstrand

I can not believe I'm late reviewing THIS book! Jennifer - you should smack me.

But seriously... I thought I had already reviewed it. It was only when I went looking for the review that I realized why it wasn't there.

OOPS!

I know I literally say this about every book Jennifer puts out but I seriously think this is my favorite so far!

And... Oh my word how do I write this review without giving anything away...

I don't know how Jennifer does it – I mean she comes up with these wonderful stories that are full of such life and good humor and faith – and there are no two alike!

I especially like the new direction Jennifer took with this one! It's the first time Felty has gotten into the act (I'm not spoiling anything ... it's in the sneak peek in the back of Huckleberry Spring)

One other thing I LOVE about Jennifer is that she is not shy at all about tackling serious issues! She brings them to light and shows her readers just how dangerous these things can be!

AMAZING!

So... not only will Huckleberry Harvest make you laugh, it will make you think. It will also make you frustrated at how thick-headed some people can be and sigh over how exciting love can be!

In short, it's great, it's humorous, it's exciting, it's REAL!

I did say it's the best one yet right... ? Yes, I thought I did! So, what are you waiting for? GO... get your copy! Don't miss it!!!

And, as usual, I can hardly wait to start the next one! Especially since I read the sneak peek!

Review © JCMorrows 2015 ( )
  JCMorrows | Aug 25, 2015 |
No doubt in my mind, this book gets 5 stars from me! I have really enjoyed this series, The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill. I can always count on Felty and Anna Helmuth making me laugh out loud. I must say though, I was starting to feel sorry for Granddaughter Mandy after all the possible Amish suitors Anna had lined up for her.

This story has a serious note to it too. When we try to solve our own problems and not let God or other believer's in to help us along the way, it makes for an unhappy life. Noah Mischler had to learn the hard way. He almost lost the most important person in his life.

Author Jennifer Beckstrand's books keep getting better and better. I can't wait to read, Huckleberry Hearts coming in December 2015. ( )
  passionforbooks | Jul 6, 2015 |
Huckleberry Harvest by Jennifer Beckstrand is such a charming book. Anna and Felty Helmuth are matchmaking again. This time they want to find someone to marry their granddaughter, Mandy Helmuth. Mandy is visiting from Charm, Ohio for four weeks (five if Anna has her way). Anna plans to introduce Mandy to every eligible male within 50 miles (at least).

Noah Mischler is the man who can fix machines. He does a lot of different odd jobs around the area. Felty has Noah fixing their roof. Mandy meets Noah on her first day in Bonduel. Mandy’s best friend, Kristina and her family moved to Bonduel a year earlier. Kristina tells Mandy that Noah broke up with her with a text message and her heart is broken. Mandy goes to Noah’s house and lectures him on manners. Noah, while noticing Mandy’s cute freckles, tells her there are two sides to each story.

Over the next few weeks, thanks to Felty, Noah and Mandy are thrown together frequently. Mandy does indeed discover that the truth about Noah and Kristina’s relationship is quite different from Kristina’s version. Noah, though, gets prickly whenever his family is mentioned. Mandy likes to fix problems, and sticks her nose in Noah’s business. One can only hope things will turn out well for Noah and Mandy.

I found Huckleberry Harvest an entertaining and engaging book. It is the fifth book in The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill series. I give Huckleberry Harvest 4.5 out of 5 stars. I found Kristina’s character just a little too bit silly. I found myself wanted to shake some sense into the girl (you will see what I mean when you read the book). I eagerly look forward to reading the next book in this series.

I received a complimentary copy of Huckleberry Harvest from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. The review and opinions expressed are strictly my own! ( )
  Kris_Anderson | May 21, 2015 |
I received my copy of Huckleberry Harvest a little while ago, I didn’t open it right away, it was like a piece of candy that you absolutely love, but savor and save for a few days. I knew what I was going to find once I open the pages, and sure was not disappointed, just didn’t want it to end.
This is Granddaughter Mandy’s story, and Annie and Felty are at it again, of course. Annie has away with cooking, that would bring tears to the eyes of any cast iron stomach, but she is so delightful that people suffer through what she offers, and try to find ways not to eat. She does do a wonderful job with her knitting, and she soon has the boys lining up for one of her potholders, and a she has a very special job available. Marry her Granddaughter!
You can guess how delightful this book is, and I found it so very heart-warming, although it does deal with some tough subjects, such as alcoholism, and the trial it puts on families.
As the book opens we find Mandy chewing out an Amish man whom she thinks hurt her dearest friend to the core. How could this Noah Mischler have led on Kristina and then broken her heart, well she sure gives him a piece of her mind. Then we turn around and who appears at he Grandparent’s kitchen, you got it, and we soon are rooting for Noah, and are aghast at the antics a grown woman would go to try and win his favor.
Page-turner to the end, and not a book that I wanted to end, the characters here are like family, and I wanted to stay in their comfortable embrace. Am so glad that there is another grandchild that needs a spouse and so there is another book to come in November called Huckleberry Hearts.

I received this book from the Author for my honest review, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | May 14, 2015 |

"Anna and Felty Helmuth's zest for matchmaking is unstoppable--and with grown-up grandchild number three on her way to their home in lovely Huckleberry Hill, Wisconsin, what better reason to put their talents to work once more?... When Mandy Helmuth hears that her best friend Kristina's heart has been broken, she decides to visit her grandparents and cheer her up. Mandy never liked Noah Mischler anyway, with his rough exterior and outspoken ways. Unfortunately, she can't avoid him--especially after he saves her life... If he weren't helping Felty with home repairs, Noah would be more than happy to stay away from uppity Mandy Helmuth. Of course, then he wouldn't have been able to rescue her--and she wouldn't have had the chance to discover the real Noah beneath the tough persona--the one she falls in love with..."-- From back cover.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,688,282 books! | Top bar: Always visible