If You Dare by A. R. Torre

If You Dare

by A. R. Torre

314357,052 (4)None

In If You Dare, Deanna Madden is being pushed by her boyfriend, Jeremy to meet his family. This aggravates her already unbalanced world, not only because she doesn't want that kind of relationship with him, but she also resents the fact that he still has a loving family at all. When she wakes up one morning after a fight with Jeremy, she realizes her nose is broken. After a visit from the police, she discovers that Jeremy has been attacked, and she can't remember is she was the one who did it.

Deanna is a difficult character to like, but she is written in such a way that the reader can't help but empathize with her - a very fine line that has been established in all of The Girl in 6E books. If You Dare is a mystery that makes it difficult to tell if the protagonist is also the antagonist, which is part of the attraction to the story. This is a very well written, emotional story that leaves the reader hoping that Torre will delve into the life of Deanna Madden again. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |
Jorjeana Marie
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
I had been salivating for this final book in Deanna's story. I couldn't wait. My mind was always wondering what Alessandra had in store for this book. This ending to the captivating story was well worth the wait!

Is Deanna the one who tried to kill Jeremy? Did she stab him? Push him out of his window? Will she survive prison? Is prison worse for Deanna's mental capacity than her apartment of seclusion? What is really going on in the world that Deanna has worked so hard to avoid all of these years?

This one, like the others, had me at the first word. This book surpasses any expectations I could have possibly had before reading it. It's gripping and suspenseful. I found myself questioning if she truly was capable of such a heinous crime. I found myself waivering and wondering. I tried to piece everything together to figure out just what really happened.

In true fashion, Alessandra will have you on the edge of your seat from the start to finish. This book will blow your mind. It is pure perfection! ( )
  UANBookAddict | Dec 3, 2015 |
Once again, Torre hooked me and reeled me in. A friend pointed out that there are less sexy bits in this book and that's true. But based on the plot, I'm not sure where Torre could have put more, had she decided too. I don't mind the change in pace, but this book is sure has more of an emphasis on the thriller aspect than the erotic one.

But, as always, I had fun. j was anxious, tried to guess what the hell was going on, and couldn't put the book down. I love Deanna, even though she's a fricken idiot and I love superhacker Mike even though his computer genius skills are improbable.

I do think the cover art fell short of the previous books and it doesn't quite jive as a set - it's missing some serious sex appeal and the more I look at it the more I wish they'd done a better job. Overall, fantastic book and if you loved the first two, you have to read this! ( )
  MillieHennessy | Nov 30, 2015 |

Equal parts Dexter and 50 Shades, this is the eagerly awaited new novel from A. R. Torre, author of the award winning erotic thriller, The Girl in 6E.

That's the going term for murder.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 03 Aug 2015 00:31:15 -0400)

The rules are the same. I can't open the door. I can't leave. I can't kill anyone. The only difference is, I don't set the rules anymore. Guards in grey uniforms do. It is everything I never wanted and everything I always deserved. I write to you now, from a prison cell. My home for the next twenty to thirty years.… (more)

Alessandra Torre is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,563,827 books! | Top bar: Always visible