God Called; I Answered by Larry D. Harper

God Called; I Answered

by Larry D. Harper

521,436,638 (5)None

I enjoyed reading Larry's description of his very harrowing stint as an Army infantry "grunt" during the Vietnam war as he "walked point," and the lessons the Lord taught him during this time through his own actions and the actions of others. I also appreciate Larry's description of the education he went through that enabled him to learn what he needed to learn in order to understand the historic languages of the Bible as well as the different cultural settings in which the Bible was written. I am thankful to be the recipient of the fruit of such labor and to be learning The Teaching Larry is restoring. I am also looking forward to Larry's completion of his translation of the entire Bible: Harper's Standardized Study Bible HSSB ( )
  AnitaMcCay | Sep 8, 2015 |
This book is a wonderful confirmation on how God calls someone and leads them through life. I saw my own life as I read some of Larry Harper experiences. I recommend this book to any one truly interested in Truth. ( )
  Richard_Callahan | Sep 6, 2015 |
It all started with a simple vow.

This is the inspirational, often riveting, story of how a 12-year-old farm boy's vow to the Lord in a moment of pure joy turned into a life-long search for an accurate understanding of the meaning and significance of the Scriptures. Taking the reader from his childhood in the Oklahoma/Texas Panhandle, into the military, then on to college, seminary, doctoral studies at the University of California, Berkeley, and finally, to his ongoing research and writing, Harper reveals why he has never wavered from his belief that the Lord called him through a supernatural event that occurred on August 17, 1966. Harper is a decorated Vietnam Veteran, having served a one-year tour of duty in that country as an infantry squad leader, for which he was awarded a Bronze Star, an Air Medal, and the much-coveted Combat Infantryman Badge-a one-year tour of duty that he readily admits transformed him from a youth into a man. Over the past quarter-century, Harper has written several hundred articles, books, and monographs in which he explains his understanding of the Scriptures. Here, in his own words, he discloses why he feels compelled to not only continue researching and writing, but also to publish his own "standardized" translation of the Scriptures-Harper's Standardized Study Bible.

Larry D. Harper is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,863,601 books! | Top bar: Always visible