Maid for Romance (The Love Birds Series Book…

Maid for Romance (The Love Birds Series Book 4)

by Ruth J. Hartman

This was something out of my comfort reading zone. It was enjoyable and I will probably look for more from this author in the future. ( )
  Talaskat | Jul 7, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Welcome to this book review !

Disclaimer-I received this book in the early reviewers program!

I personnally read this book as a stand alone, since I won this book and hadn' t read this series before. Though I liked the idea behind this book and the writing style I didn't unfortunatly get into this story... It was the second time I read historical romance and I did not enjoy it as much as I would've wanted. I feel like the story was kind of shalow as a whole, I did not feel the deep meaning behind the choices each character did. I felt like the girl was kind of hopeless and too "innocent" she didn't strike me as much as other character have, in other story, and overall it just made me feel bad for both guys in this story as they were stuck in between an undecisive and "always sorry" kind of girl. If you like historical romance give it a shot and I hope you will fall in love with it !

-Bookarina :) ( )
  Karina-Valerie | Jun 29, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Money and prestige or true love – which is the most important when considering marriage? That is the question that Leah, a lady’s companion, must find the answer to. Will she choose a valet or a gentleman? Will it be the man she has chemistry with or the one that can provide a better life for her and any children she may have with the man she chooses? Leah, Daniel and Felton have a few things to work through but do have a bit of help from previous players in the Love Bird Series. Uncle Percy’s character is a delight and wonderful addition to this story. The dialogue between Leah and Daniel is a great deal of fun. A fun clean read for anyone who likes historical romance.

Thank you to LibraryThing give away for the opportunity of reading and reviewing this book. ( )
  CathyGeha | Jun 15, 2015 |
Really enjoyed this book. I love historical themed books and this one did not disappoint. ( )
  christiey | Jun 4, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Leah has a dilemma. She finds herself in love with the valet and being courted by a gentleman. One can give her true love without future security, while the other can give her financial freedom and status, but perhaps not love. Which should she choose?

This was a delightfully quick little ebook that I learned is book 4 of the Love Birds series. With such witty, funny characters (especially Uncle Percey!) I went ahead and downloaded the others in the series so I may follow their further adventures! ( )
  chrirob | Jun 3, 2015 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Ruth J. Hartman's book Maid for Romance was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,028,211 books! | Top bar: Always visible