Undertow by Kelly Cozy

Undertow

by Kelly Cozy

312,001,085 (4)None
Recently added byKymberli, perusal, Kelly_Mills

I found Undertow to be engaging and suspenseful with a great twist ending. I did have one issue with the story. The main character Drew is portrayed as an alcoholic, however he is repeatedly shown as being unable to control having a first drink, but then being able to limit how many drinks he has after that. I feel that is an extremely unrealistic portrayal of alcoholism. I've spoken with many people in recovery and they all stated that once they had that first drink they couldn't stop themselves from the drinking binge that followed. That aside, it was a very enjoyable read and I look forward to reading more books by this author.

Note: I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Kelly_Mills | Apr 24, 2015 |

Drew Finley was a crime journalist, until his mind couldn't shut out the images of blood and bodies. Alcohol made the images go away, but also ruined Drew's career and innocents' lives. Drew's eager to make amends and he's got a story that will help him: a profile of a local celebrity who may have been framed for murder. As he digs deeper, he'll uncover secrets and grudges that will put the people he loves in danger.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 31 Aug 2015 07:16:38 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,306,602 books! | Top bar: Always visible