The Worrier's Guide to Life by Gemma Correll

The Worrier's Guide to Life

by Gemma Correll

Loved this so much! Overthinkers unite! Gemma Correll shares her quirky worries about health, fashion, dining, love, work, travel, holidays, and modern malaises in this cute comic. Each page features a single worry. I found it very honest and relatable. I finished it in one sitting and laughed out loud many times.

There's a little something for all us ladies. The Period IceCream Truck. Less Popular Nail Polish Colors. New Eye Make-Up Looks. Stickers for Grown-Ups. Sexy Halloween Costumes. Great for laughs and encouraging others. Kinda reminds me of a female Demetri Martin, who I also enjoy.

Count me in as a new fan of Gemma Correll and her pug obsession! Hope to read more of her work soon! ( )
  vonze | Sep 19, 2017 |
I actually didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would, but neverthelesss there's some great stuff in here. I would use those valentines. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Jul 26, 2017 |
Who is this artist? Is she stalking me? How did she made a comic book about me without me knowing it? She knows I'm typing now, right??

The comic book is titled as "worrier's guide" but it shows the other way around. It presents the life and anxieties of the worriers. It is really funny because most of the cases are true. I can relate from her illustrations. My favorites are the Introvert's Heart & the Wheel of Insomnia.

See the photo above. This is literally me. My housemate is my sister or sometimes my aunt. I cannot believe that I'm not the only one who thinks & acts like this.

I like the artist's humor and her illustrations are cute. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I like books like this.
Gemma, you've gained a fan. :) ( )
  phoibee | Apr 23, 2017 |
I saw a page of this book posted on Litsy and thought it looked great. I considered purchasing a copy, but found it at the library so went that route instead. You can easily read through it in one quick sitting. I'd have to say that going the library route was definitely the way to go. There were a couple good pages, but the rest was just "meh." ( )
  indygo88 | Jan 18, 2017 |
This book is all about anxiety and the overthinking of every day life. It reminds me of those really well-illustrated books I read as a child where the drawings were full of little humorous details.

I loved reading those books as a child, and reading this piece brought all of those feelings back. I love Gemma Correll's illustrative style, it's really distinctive and sweet and quirky and I really enjoyed this book. It would be a really good gift for a friend if you have someone that might relate to this work.

I loved pouring over these pages and picking up all the cheeky comments jokes in this book. The writing is subtle, but it's on-point.

I was in the middle of a reading slump when I read this, and I think I've been liberated! ( )
  lydia1879 | Aug 31, 2016 |

In her hugely popular comic drawings, Gemma Correll dispenses dubious advice and unreliable information on life as she sees it, including The Dystopian Zodiac, Reward Stickers for Grown-Ups, Palm Reading for Millennials, and a Map of the Introvert's Heart. For all you fellow agonizers, fretters, and nervous wrecks, this book is for you. Read it and weep ... with laughter.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,366,328 books! | Top bar: Always visible