Murdermorphosis by Jeffrey A. Apostol

Murdermorphosis

by Jeffrey A. Apostol

222,551,640 (3.5)None
Recently added byRowenaHoseason, mamelotti

Murdermorphosis is a snappy, nasty story; a rapid read set in the sleazy urban backstreets. It reminded me of Roald Dahl’s old Tales of the Unexpected in the crafty construction of its small psychodrama. It would be tricky to discuss the plot without revealing too much of the several stings. It kept me entertained for a couple of hours at any rate.
There's a full review here:

This is a brave novella in many ways – feels like it’s written by a relatively new author. He explores some controversial (and potentially offensive: suitable only for adult readers) ground. The writing shows distinct promise but needed a decent editor to tidy it up, remove the weird emphasis on some nouns and address a couple of terrible clunkers (“making end’s meat” almost gave me an embolism). The excellent crystal meth / expanded consciousness scenes give a hint of what this author could achieve with practice and guidance: there’s talent tucked away in this gory little story.

Overall? Interesting. A short story, not a full-length novel and as such should probably be priced in the 99c/77p range. Certainly not a story for the easily-offended. If the author sticks with his craft then it’ll be intriguing to see what he produces in 10 years’ time…

6/10 ( )
  RowenaHoseason | Jun 22, 2016 |
I received a copy to review from the author, but in no way does that have an impact on my views and opinions.

Let me start off with saying that this novel isn't for the young ones out there. There are some graphic descriptions and language that is included that are not appropriate.

This novel was a pretty easy and quick read to get through. I found myself flying through the pages to find out what would happen next. There were times that I was completely taken back with surprise, because I didn't see the event coming. I would definitely define this novel as a psyhscological thriller. I really felt this book get into my head...if that makes sense.

As far as the characters went, I really didn't feel any connections with them. They lived completely different lives than I do. But they were also very one dimensional. There was no development throughout the book with them, so connecting with them on a personal level was quite a task.

The only major problem I had with this novel was the ending. It was extremely abrupt and rushed. I felt like there were quite a few questions left unanswered.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this novel. I would definitely recommend it to all those thriller, suspense, and crime lovers out there. It is definitely a quick read, so if you're interested in the genres and are looking for a quick read you have found a winner! ( )
  mamelotti | Apr 24, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,548,999 books! | Top bar: Always visible