Nightfall by Lee Driver

I received a free copy to review. The author has an easy to read style interesting storyline. The description of the settings and painting made them easy to imagine. I would recommend the book to those who like paranormal murder mysteries. I have not read the previous books in the series and it was hard to follow at times. ( )
  Jandbmcnamee | Jul 23, 2015 |
I did not read the previous book in the series. I might have to do that, and then try to read this one. I really liked it, until the shape shifter came up. I'm having problems with that, as I'm not a fan of paranormal. All the other reviewers loved it, so will have to try to give it another go, once I've read the first novel
I received this book through Library Thing Early Reviewers for an honest review. ( )
  croknot1 | Jun 20, 2015 |
I received a free copy to review. This is another book in the Chase dagger mystery series. to get more out of the book I recommend reading Full-moon bloody-moon first. this could be rad as a stand-alone book, but it ties in with the other book so much more. This book is about some paintings that emerge with details from the crime scenes in full moon bloody moon. it was really cool how it was all tied in! the only reason i did not give it 5 stars was because it was not as faced paced as full moon bloody moon ( )
  amy1825 | Jun 13, 2015 |
Nightfall was an interesting read.
I hadn't read Full Moon, Bloody Moon, so I read that one first and I fell in love with the author. The writing is amazing and delivers a strong mystery which keeps you turning the pages because you need to know what happens next.
The story kept me entertained for most of the book. I liked the characters and the chemistry they had between them (be it good or bad). I felt them human, but amazing. Like I said first, the writing style is fluid and helps you really create the story in your head.
Another thing I found appealing about the book is the fact that the author is capable of mixing different genres into one, unique genre, and it is utterly captivating.
Nightfall was an amazing read. You will like it if you are looking for a good mystery/paranormal.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review ( )
  LiindaSnow97 | Jun 7, 2015 |
If it’s been awhile since you’ve read Full Moon, Bloody Moon, then you might want to do a reread of that book first as this story has a direct correlation to what took place in that one. I would not suggest this book as a place to start if this series is new to you. Mostly a mystery, but with elements of horror, science fiction in the form of technology—at least I assume it’s science fiction—as well as some fantasy.

The curse of the Addisons lives on only it’s not quite in the manner you would expect, and our bad guy is trying to find Sara; the only other shapeshifter known to exist. The stakes are much bigger this time. Paul is dead; they know that. But somehow this guy knows every little detail about the murders Paul committed. The next full moon on a Friday the 13th is only weeks away, so the regulars, along with BettaTek now that they’re forcing Chase to work with them, are trying to figure out who this guy is and what his connection is to the Addisons to stop him before that day.

The mystery and how they go about tracking down leads is, as always, interesting, as is the larger integration of BettaTek into the ongoing storyline. But what really grabs me the most are the characters. I love both Sara and Chase and boy has she developed a backbone. Skizzy’s quirks and fears add some light comic relief, as does of course, Einstein, their incredibly smart macaw. And it surprises me that I actually felt sorry for Sheila at one point; but don’t worry, it doesn’t last long.

The back story keeps growing into something larger, helping to prevent the series from becoming stale. ( )
  dearheart | May 16, 2015 |

S. D. Tooley is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,963,267 books! | Top bar: Always visible