A Sorceress of His Own by Dianne Duvall

A Sorceress of His Own

by Dianne Duvall

This is a kind of prequel to Duvall's Immortal Guardians series. The heroine is from a family of psychically Gifted Ones in the 11th century. The premise, that a 16-year-old girl can successfully disguise herself as her ancient grandmother for seven years, is barely plausible, but this IS fantasy. As a stand-alone novel, it's pleasant and there's a satisfying HEA. There are cameo appearances by several of the Immortal Guardians we know and love. BTW--not a vampire to be seen! ( )
  bookaholic | Oct 26, 2015 |
Listened for Fun (Audiobook Purchase Tantor)
Overall Rating: 4.50
Story Rating: 4.50
Character Rating: 4.50

Audio Rating: 5.00 (nor part of the overall rating)

First Thought when Finished: Oh I love that we are getting the "prequel" series--A Sorceress of His Own by Dianne Duvall was exactly the excellent storytelling I have come to expect when reading anything in the Immortal Guardians world. PLUS SETH!

Overall Thoughts: I like this look back in time to Gifted Ones and their origins. I like the idea that Seth has been "protecting" for a long time. Take all the connections to the Immortal Guardians away though and you still have a rock solid romance with it's own very unique world. The fact that this couple is in a time where superstitions were rampant and they not only fall in love but prevail was just entertaining to listen too. I loved Alyssa--her sacrifice, courage, and ability to do what was right in spite of what she wanted made me love her more. Though it really was swoon-worthy Dillon that made me fall in love from the beginning. It is no secret that I like it when the men figure it out first and this is a prime example of why. This was just a timeless romance that would have worked in any age but shined brilliantly in that one.

Audio Thoughts:
Narrated By Kirsten Potter/ Length: 11 hrs and 25 mins

Kirsten knocked the narration for this story out of the park. I am a pretty big fan of her voice but I think this is the best narration that I have heard her do. It was tricky accents but she pulled them off well. Well done Kirsten! Well Done!

Part of my Read It, Rate It, File It, Done! Reviews ( )
  thehistorychic | Aug 26, 2015 |
Paranormal Historical = Winner

This first book in the Gifted Ones series predates the authors previous Immortal Guardians series and centers around a gifted one known to most as Wise One and the Feared Earl of Wescott. This book is full of constant action and has great characters and chemistry. It has a historical feel to it with a paranormal twist that makes for a great read! ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,984,253 books! | Top bar: Always visible