Storm Rising by Rachael Richey

Storm Rising

by Rachael Richey

212,551,640 (4)None

Frontman of the grunge rock band NightHawk, Gideon Hawk has had enough of the rock star life. He is jaded, disillusioned, and haunted by the memory of an unresolved heartbreak…

The book starts with Abigail Thomson (Abi) attending the funeral of her mother, and from then on you get a sense that something really bad happened in Abi’s life to explain her troubled relationship with her father and her estranged mother. While at her parents’ house, Abi makes a discovery that will lead to a series of life-events and twists changing the course of Abi’s life forever.

Gideon Hawk is this 29-year-old sexy rock star who is just about done with the fame and limelight of his rock star life. After declaring he is leaving his band–while on tour in the U.S.–Gideon flies back to England in hopes to reconnect with Abi and somehow bring some resolution to an unresolved heartbreak that separated them ten years earlier.

This is Rachael Richey’s first novel in the NightHawk Series. I really liked the way Richey weaved romance with a rock star twist. I was a huge Grunge music fan, and reading this novel brought back lots of memories of being a teenager and dreaming of rock stars. I have to say that it took me a few chapters to get into this book, but then—oh! Was I hooked? I read this book in one sitting, and I LOVED it. I’m looking forward to the next books in this series.

I’d like to thank the author for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  a_wondrous_bookshelf | May 5, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,250,795 books! | Top bar: Always visible