Little Big Boubo by Beatrice Alemagna

Little Big Boubo

by Beatrice Alemagna

Little Boubo is determined to show just how grown-up he is in this tender little picture-book from Italian author/illustrator Beatrice Alemagna. From his ability to ride a bike to his four teeth, Boubo presents plenty of evidence that he is a big boy. In fact, he is the biggest. How does he know? Because when she tucks him in at night, his mother always tells him he is her "biggest love."

Published in Alemagna's native Italy as Piccolo grande Bubo and in London as Little Big Boubo - although the English-language edition I read didn't mention anything about translation, I assume the Italian one is the original, given Alemagna's nationality - this little book presents a heartwarming little reassurance story for younger children. I've seen other reviewers describe Boubo as a hedgehog, so although I don't really see it myself - does he look like a hedgehog here? I honestly can't tell, because all the characters and objects are so stylized - I have added it to my "quilled critters" shelf. There isn't much to this one, just a very simple text paired with the artist's quirky and appealing illustrations, but the end result is quite pleasing. Recommended to anyone who enjoys Alemagna's artwork, and to anyone looking for new reassurance stories for the toddler set. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Jun 13, 2017 |
Baby hedgehog enthusiastically shows how grownup he is. ( )
  Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |

The latest book from award-winning illustrator Beatrice Alemagna is a tender and humorous reflection on toddlerhood that will strike a chord with parents and toddlers alike. Boubo is eager to show that he’s not a baby anymore. He wants everyone to know he’s on his way to being a “big kid” and, to prove his case, he is proud to demonstrate his newfound abilities: He can ride a bike, order for himself in a restaurant, and much more!

"I'm not a baby anymore, believe me. I can walk backwards without falling over...almost!" The latest book from award-winning illustrator Beatrice Alemagna is a tender and humorous reflection on toddlerhood that will strike a chord with parents and toddlers alike. Boubo is eager to show that he's not a baby anymore - he knows he is on his way to being a 'big kid' and is proud to demonstrate his new-found abilities to prove his case. Little Big Boubo portrays a unique stage of child development with empathy and humour, and is a delightful celebration of a parent's love from one of the most prominent and exciting illustrators working today.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,175,617 books! | Top bar: Always visible