Dear Kate: A Novel by Hannah Duggan

Dear Kate: A Novel

by Hannah Duggan

132723,089 (1)None

Too dry. It dragged on too much for my liking. I just had to stop reading. ( )
  caslater83 | Aug 4, 2016 |
So confusing! I never did figure out what was going on and after a while I gave up trying. All I knew was that Kate and James were brother and sister and she found a girl with a note that began Dear Kate. Nothing made sense to me--even how they ended up finding the child.

I find it hard to believe that there are sections in the book with praise for this novel and praise for the author because I would not read anything else by this author if this is an example of her writing. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |

From the author of From the Flames comes a gripping new novel of mystery, betrayal, and courage. At a time when thousands are fleeing tyranny to find a home in the New World, seventeen-year-old Kate Elyot witnesses a tragic accident that orphans a little girl named Emily. Suddenly the sole guardian of a child she's never met, Kate's only guide to the girl's surviving family is a signet ring and a letter sewn into Emily's dress addressed "To Kate." Unsure of whether she has walked into a fateful calling or a fatal coincidence, Kate is determine to get Emily home but is unprepared for the journey awaiting her. Captain Anthony Scot will not rest until his enemy Simon Cephas is punished for a crime long forgotten. The signet ring that Emily carries is the evidence Scot needs to convict his rival. He is willing to obtain the ring at any cost in order to destroy Cephas. Can Kate fight to free Emily from those who would use her to destroy her Puritan family? Will her courage sustain her as she is brought face to face with her worst fears, deepest regrets, and a God she cannot bring herself to trust?

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 29 Jul 2015 19:30:16 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,963,162 books! | Top bar: Always visible