What She Really Wants by Barbara Delinsky

What She Really Wants

by Barbara Delinsky

It was a nice short story. Not familiar with the author. Liked it enough, I will tr something a little longer by her. ( )
  Sandralb | Aug 30, 2016 |
This was the first time reading anything by Barbara Delinsky! While looking for another author, I stumbled upon Barbara Delinsky. I'm glad that I did.

This was a cute short story. Almost a tearjerker It was fun being in Tom's head while he searches for the perfect gift for his wife alone. She won't give him any clues to what she wants. In the end he gives her the perfect gift. ( )
  sultrydiva | May 5, 2016 |
What She Really Wants by Barbara Delinsky
Cute short story about Tom who needs a wedding anniversary gift for his wife. He overhears her on the phone one day to her mom telling her that yes she knows he's bought her expensive jewelry and other gifts over the years.
This year she's given him the clue to just watch her and he'll know what to get her. He asks the daughters and in turns out they want gifts that will benefit them. He asks others at work to no avail. they are just not gifts for her.
It dawns on him one day what it is he needs to do.....the gift is priceless!
Guys just sit back and listen to what we say without words.
Free from the author in time for mothers day 2015 ( )
  jbarr5 | May 20, 2015 |

Is it really the thought that counts? Sarah Markham loves her husband Tom. They've been married for eighteen happy years, but on some level, she worries that he doesn't see her as she really is. And nowhere is this more evident than in his gift giving. It's not for any lack of love--Tom adores Sarah and spends lavishly--but he never quite surprises her with the perfect something. Enough. This year, when their anniversary rolls around, Sarah tells him, "I want you to think and to look at me and to see who I really am and what I really want."

Can Tom rise to the challenge? Will he be able to get Sarah what she really wants? Find out in this delightful 16-page short story.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,366,575 books! | Top bar: Always visible