Anne & Henry by Dawn Ius

Anne & Henry

by Dawn Ius

I'm barely familiar with the story of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn so I'm not sure how much of this novel takes off from their story. The novel itself is about Anne and Henry's immediate, lustful attraction when they meet at a party. There are plenty of lip-biting, stomachs in twisted knots, and sizzling sexual tension (including a sex scene). Their passion for each other borders on irrational and desperate. Add in plenty of social drinking and curse words and you've got a story of rich teens gone wild. Best suited for older teens but middle schoolers who stumble across it will likely pass it around. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
I cant talkl about it enough about how much I loved the ending xD
Sure I wish it had gone a different way but at the same time... It was just the way it was supposed to go.
However, it made me think "What will happen next ?" Im mixed in between hopeing there will and hopeing there wont be another book xD
I hope there is cuz hello, I always like to know what happens to characters afterwards and I hope that there wont because it would likely mean I would hate certain characters. ( )
  valesbookshelf | Aug 10, 2015 |
I received a free eARC from Edelweiss in exchange for my honest review.

This was actually a very good novel of modernizing King Henry and Anne Boleyn's story. I was a bit leery, but the more I got into the story the more I could see how talented an author Dawn Ius is.

I felt so bad for Anne. Those mean bullies who call themselves Henry's friends are evil and conniving. You almost want to give them credit for how devious they are. I would have loved to see Anne give it to them though, by the end.

And Anne. Now I've read my fair share of bad boys - but not that many stories of bad girls and Anne is one tough, bad ass chick. Wearing leather, heavy makeup, riding a motorcycle - she's done it all. Even a bad reputation, which comes back to bite her in the ass by the end of the novel.

And Henry is a pansy ass follower, rather than the leader we expect of "king" Henry. Total mama's boy, which is a bad thing in my book. Anne is better off without him. He needs to start making his own decisions and doing what he wants to do, but we all know what happens to King Henry...

The "beheading" part at the end was very clever. I thoroughly enjoyed this novel and think that any reader - a history buff or just a fiction romance reader - will enjoy this novel when it gets released in September. ( )
  JeracaFite | May 6, 2015 |

On a rigid path, set by his family, to become valedictorian, attend Harvard Law School, have a stunning political career like his father's, and date the right girl, Henry Tudor feels trapped until he meets the wild, brash Anne Boleyn, and they embark on a dangerous romance.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,377,257 books! | Top bar: Always visible