Whispers in the Branches by Brandy Heineman

Whispers in the Branches

by Brandy Heineman

I just finished reading this book. First, the characters were well developed, even if it took a little while to figure some of them out. The story was interesting and kept me reading and wanting to know more. The story flowed well after the first chapter, that one had me confused until later in the book. Even though this is a Christian book, there is a mention of a ghost. I won't spoil the story, but the ghost is kept in line with the Bible. There were a couple of words I had to look up, but mostly the language was an easy read for anyone. Though I read some people didn't like Abby, I mostly felt sorry for her. She wouldn't be my choice for a best friend, but when you read the whole book you understand her more and you hope she finds what she need, Jesus. You won't be disappointed if you choose to read this book. There are questions at the end of the book, making this a good choice for a book club. This book was given me in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  grammy57 | Jul 7, 2015 |
Enjoyed it very much! Brandy Heineman is a master of metaphors and vibrant writing. Her meticulous attention to detail in this book is what brings the book alive. Set in the author's hometown, Kennesaw takes on a new look as the author takes us back to the days of Ruby's youth long ago. In addition to discovering secrets and uncovering pain in the past, Abbey journeys to find her new identity with her mother gone and everything she knows still in Ohio. She's vulnerable and easy to relate to in that she doesn't really trust what she sees, but isn't sure that what is unseen is any better. I found this story to be rewarding in the end with twists and turns along the way. Great book. I recommend it! ( )
  CDGill | Jun 14, 2015 |
Will Abby Find Self, Family, True Love?

What to do when your fiancé fires you instead of defending you; your mother has recently died, leaving you bereft; and your questionable "best friend" decides she's moving in with her fiancé? Abby, in Brandy Heineman's first go at the fiction world, leaves Ohio to trace her relatives in Georgia.

There Abby encounters a great-aunt, a creepy old house with rumors of ghosts, a good-looking young caretaker, and secrets in the family tree. Added to the mix is the former boyfriend, following Abby,unwilling to give up.

The characterizations and situations are so true-to-life, it is like watching reality tv. Will Abby ever find the father she's looking for and the purpose in life? Two young men are vying for the chance to show Abby the way back to Jesus, one especially reminding me of how patiently Jesus woos the lost sheep to Himself.

This was a page-turner as I anxiously wondered whether Abby would find herself, her family, and her true love.

I gratefully received this book from bookfun.org in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Becky_L | Apr 28, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,388,222 books! | Top bar: Always visible