Morrigan's Shadows by Michelle Barclay

Morrigan's Shadows

by Michelle Barclay

411,664,912 (4)None

I liked how this book started.

Morrigan is talking to her shrink about her nightmares. Or is she’s not talking about them. I don’t think she wants them to go away.

Morrigan feels more at home, safer, in her nightmares than in the real world. The monsters are known to her. She knows she’s dreaming.

In the real world, she’s plagued by fears and anxiety attacks. She has no control.

Now things have gotten real messed up for her. Morrigan isn’t sure if her nightmares are dreams or something else, something that might be real.

The winged man appeared in her waking world. Now no place is safe for her.

The first part of the book introduces you to Morrigan through her talks with her shrink. As the story progresses, you’re pulled into her nightmares. That’s where things get real interesting.

I was so wrapped up in Morrigan’s world I was down to about 10 pages left before I realized it. Then it hit me. The end was near. And there was no way those last few pages were going to give me an ending. At least not a complete one.

I was right. There was one messed up cliff hanger. I was mad at first. Not at the author. She really zinged me with the hanger.

I was mad at myself. I won this book in a giveaway. Whenever I win a book, I go to different sights and check it out, along with the author. I didn’t do that this time or I might have known this wasn’t a stand alone and would have been prepared. The book arrived in the mail and I packed it for a weekend getaway. That it was part of a series caught me by surprise.

I enjoy a series. It’s when I have to wait too long for the next one that I get irked. Often, it’s too long before the next book and I’ve moved on to something else. While the next book in this series isn’t written yet, I’ll be watching for it.

I’m not happy about being left hanging, but that won’t stop me from giving this a high recommendation to all who like dark fantasy and psychological horror. The wait for more will be worth it. ( )
  laura-thomas | Feb 1, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,989,445 books! | Top bar: Always visible