Back in Play by Lynda Aicher

Scott plays for the Minnesota Glaciers ice hockey team and is saddled with a bum knee. He keeps taking the painkillers so he can play, but they keep him from having fulfilling sexual relationships. Then he meets Rachel and when they end up in bed, he makes sure he more than satisfies her, even feeling like he may be able to also have a fulfilling experience. In the end he has to fake it. When she accidentally finds a baggie of his pills things start to unravel a bit until she talks him into a private rehab. She can't be with an addict, but she'll certainly be there to help him through it. When he breaks her heart and goes back home, she's determined to get over it. Will Scott be able to break his addiction and prove to Rachel how much he wants her in his life? Will she be able to trust him and take him back?

This is my first book in this series, but I certainly want to go back and start with book number one since I enjoyed this one. Scott was a great hero with an imperfection he didn't even realize until he met Rachel. The plot wove the serious into the romantic and Ms. Aicher did an excellent job keeping the story romantic and interesting without being boring. She added just enough background for flavor and just enough romance to keep you captivated. The supporting characters helped thicken the soup of the story and make it complete. I look forward to reading more from Ms. Aicher in the near future!

4 Stars ( )
  Bookshellz | Jun 18, 2015 |
When I first started this book I was so completely confused. I knew it was the second book in the series following Game Play and I had read that book earlier. So, imagine my surprise when I had no idea about the secondary characters who I guess I was supposed to know. It starts at a wedding and I thought it was going to be Dylan and Samantha from the first book, but it was a couple from one of the author's other series. Not that it was hard to follow of course, I was just scratching my head for a minute til I figured it out. After all that, I really got into this book. I liked that we got to read about Scott's addiction and his uncertainty over his future. So many times when I read hockey romance books it's always about a current star player so, this was actually a little bit more interesting to me right now with the playoffs going on right now. Rachel was an interesting character also, being that she was just visiting her brother when she met Scott. That love/lust at first sight thing is one of those tricky things for me to believe most of the time, but these two I could actually buy their relationship. There were times I wanted to hit one or both of them because of miscommunication, but it worked. Looking forward to the next book.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. ( )
  amdrane2 | May 2, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,777,058 books! | Top bar: Always visible