The Good Girl by Fiona Neill

The Good Girl

by Fiona Neill

The Field family, Harry, Ailsa and chikdren Luke Romy and Ben move from London to live on the Norfolk coast. Why did they leave, what secrets do the family keep and how will they get on with hippy neighbours Wolf and Loveday.

This book wasn't what I thought it would be. It opens with a film going viral which shows a young girl in a sexual act. All this will become clear as the story unfolds.

I was expecting a pyscological thriller but instead got a family soap opera. The story was full of predictable scenarios and nothing new. I ploughed on regardless as I wanted to know where it was going. The family members all seemed to have their own secrets which turned out to be nothing really exciting.

This book for me was disappointing and at times quite boring. How I managed to get to the end I don't really know as I will give up quite easily sometimes. The family were quite irritating and there was just too much science about the brain which I flicked over. I liked the sister Rachel and the hippy family were different.

A very predictable family secrets story but I wouldn't waste my time again. ( )
  tina1969 | Sep 3, 2017 |
It was Matt Harvey, the new head of Biology, who first drew her attention to the problem.

Scratch the surface of any family hard enough and you'll draw blood...No one can believe it when straight A student Romy Field finds herself at the centre of a scandal, least of all her mother Ailsa - who is also the head of her new school. Ailsa is quick to hold Romy's new boyfriend and his parents responsible for what has happened. But as mother and daughter reveal their very different version of events, a much darker truth emerges. It soon becomes apparent that Romy isn't the only member of her family harbouring secrets and her disgrace becomes the catalyst for the unravelling of all those around her. It takes a split second to make a decision that can alter the course of your life. And a lifetime to undo the consequences.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,564,053 books! | Top bar: Always visible