Suitcase Charlie by John Guzlowski

Suitcase Charlie

by John Guzlowski

631,268,033 (4)None

I received this book in exchange for an honest review. This book is so well done. I enjoyed the trip back in time. Seeing the officers at their weakest and strongest moments. The writer takes us back to after the war against the Germans as they try to find the person responsible for murdering kids and putting them in a suitcase. The journey is a hard one for the Detectives assigned to the case and it is fun, frustrating, exciting, and hard being along for the ride. ( )
  thicks | Aug 20, 2015 |
This grabbed my attention from page one and kept me turning pages through to the end. It sparked an interest in the lives of people living in Chicago from post WWII, delivering interesting unknown (to me) historical facts, while also spinning a fast-paced thrilling murder-mystery. For me, the ending was very satisfying - unexpected, but satisfying. I am looking forward to reading more of John Guzlowski's work in the future. ( )
  dtaber2000 | Jun 26, 2015 |
Thanks to Library Thing for a free e-copy of this book.
I wasn't expecting a noir crime thriller when I requested this book as I'm not really interested in that genre but Suitcase Charlie surprised me. I was engaged from beginning to end. Based on the Schuessler-Peterson murders, set in the 50's in Chicago, this novel realistically portrays the life of cops during that time period. I particularly enjoyed the camaraderie between partners Hank and Martin. Lots of interesting historical information was presented, particularly about Jewish and Polish culture. I also enjoyed the ending which wasn't what I expected, but very satisfying. ( )
  paulamc | Jun 22, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,698,501 books! | Top bar: Always visible