Lights in my Life by Helen Drew

by Helen Drew

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byPeg_G

No tags.

ights in My Life is a superbly written memoir, by Helen Drew. This courageous New Zealand woman bravely tells the world her poignant story with heartbreaking honesty. Helen Drew’s life story is one of survival and resilience. It gives the reader hope though, to know that healing from such atrocities as abuse, betrayal, and rape to name a few, is possible. In this book, the reader will witness Helen’s strength as she struggles to reach the blessed place called acceptance.

Helen’s three sons are the lights in her life. As she recalls the details of her family's agonizing tragedies; the reader will feel their heart being squeezed. Helen’s raw pain is undeniably present in the words on each page of this book.

Helen Drew’s story is an inspiration and a reminder, to never lose hope because, nothing stays the same forever. I could almost hear her saying, “And this too shall pass” throughout the book. Some of the emotional pain from Helen’s hardships will never go away, but she does reassure the reader that the sharp edges do dull over time.

I found Lights in My Life to be a compelling story, meticulously written and sprinkled with humor. By the time I reached the last page, I felt as if I had just spent a day with a beloved friend; one who I hated to say goodbye to.

Thank you, Helen, for sharing your story.

I highly recommend reading this heartfelt and moving book.

~5 out of 5 stars~ Review by Peg Glover

I received this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Peg_G | Apr 30, 2015 |

New Zealand, a beautiful country, magical almost during some seasons, but the people are the same as anywhere else in the world; they fall in love, they make mistakes, they struggle through and on those excellent days they simply enjoy ... Helen Drew takes the reader from her childhood in New Zealand to her life today ... she describes the highs and lows with equal clarity from a terrible episode in her childhood to the joy of her grandchildren. Helen's has been an eventful life with its share of tragedy, misfortune and recovery, and in looking back with humour and insight the reader can share those experiences"--Publisher's description.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,585,139 books! | Top bar: Always visible